• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Militias

RexProcer

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
2   0
Reaction score
So I've been doing some digging, out of curiosity more than anything. Are these GA militias that have websites and all that (gamilitia.com) legit? As a naturally pessimistic person, I have my initial reactions, but I'm curious if any of you have ever engaged with one of those (we can talk through PM if you want), and if they have actually been of any benefit in the survival, training etc category.

I checked out a few, but most I talked to were wantabe warriors who want to play Rambo on the weekend with camping and march around with their Cammo on and playing Army. I never discussed my back ground or prior (Combat) but they tried to impress me with their Book & Film Knowledge. I did make a mental note when the SHTF, I would return, terminate and resupply. A nice Supply Depot LOL.. I'm sure somebody out there is legit, just be choosy :thumb:

I dont know anything about them.

My take is that unless you dont care about being on the "radar" constantly, i would stay away from them. You KNOW homeland is gonna be watching EVERY move they make, have spot sheets on each and every individual (which they probably got anyway) and tag your butt if anything goes south.

Why advertise?

Just my .02

The cliff notes history is that there was Georgia Militia and Militia of Georgia. Both leaders were "generals" or "colonels" and got into it a few times both publicly and in the early interweb days like kids on a playground. I think both lost any remaining credibility at that time, combined with the Freeman militia up north getting in federal trouble, and viper militia getting nailed. .Gov worked to discredit private militias, so many were dissolved.

I checked out a few, but most I talked to were wantabe warriors who want to play Rambo on the weekend with camping and march around with their Cammo on and playing Army. I never discussed my back ground or prior (Combat) but they tried to impress me with their Book & Film Knowledge. I did make a mental note when the SHTF, I would return, terminate and resupply. A nice Supply Depot LOL.. I'm sure somebody out there is legit, just be choosy :thumb:
Sounds like you're the guy I want to be around when SHTF. I have beer!

EDIT: Sounds like there's a pretty solid consensus. I trust you bastards, so :D

Back
Top Bottom