• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Weapons Carry License Renewal

I have lived in Hall County all of my life and have had a Carry Permit every since I turned 21. The first Carry Permit was obtained from the County Ordinary, now called the Probate Judge. The process then was that the license was for a single pistol and it to be carried open. You had to carry the pistol to the Ordinary’s office where they got the serial number, caliber and make of the gun for the license. You also had to have someone sign a bond for you. I forget where it was for $500 or $1000. That was the process then. I forget how long the license was good for seems like it was 2 years. A lot of difference now and then.

Didn’t realize mine was expired for several months, had to go through the entire process again. Other than that, which is my fault, Paulding Co was very smooth and friendly.

Didn’t realize mine was expired for several months, had to go through the entire process again. Other than that, which is my fault, Paulding Co was very smooth and friendly.
same for me. I went to purchase a new pistol this week and didn't realize mine had expired. past the 30 day window. guess I'll pay a visit to Dekalb county courthouse next week.

Back
Top Bottom