• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgias very own Assualt Weapon ban in the state senate. SB33

Donzella has nothing to worry about with her district.
View attachment 157203
Hometown: College Park, GA

i48.tinypic.com_2vv3udf.jpg

Donzella is having her "open" meeting today for a gun panel discussion.
Sen. Donzella James has already prefiled legislation that involves the banning of assault weapons. James stressed the need to get input from local law enforcement before filing legislation related to gun control.

“I listen to the sheriffs and the chiefs of police because these are the people who have to enact the law,” James said. “We can put something on paper, but they have to enact it. I want to hear from them so I’m inviting all of them to come be on a panel on Feb. 13 at the Capitol.”

Participants on the panel will talk about gun violence.

“We’re going to talk about it then I might withdraw my legislation or I might substitute it with something,” James said. “But my legislation is not about stopping your Second Amendment rights to own a gun. It’s stopping assault weapons that only the military use.”

She wants to make clear that she isn’t trying to take away anyone’s right. She only wants to protect people.

“If we don’t pass something this year, maybe we can pass something next year just to deter those who want to do harm on our children and on us adults,” James said. “We have to protect everyone.”

Read more: Douglas County Sentinel - Sheriff ‘disgusted’ about gun proposals Miller speaks out about using Sandy Hook to promote gun control

http://www.douglascountysentinel.com/view/full_story/21527039/article-Sheriff-%E2%80%98disgusted%E2%80%99-about-gun-proposals--Miller-speaks-out-about-using-Sandy-Hook-to-promote-gun-control

Last edited:
I almost spit my water out reading this:

“If we don’t pass something this year, maybe we can pass something next year just to deter those who want to do harm on our children and on us adults,” James said.

Since when did any law, EVER, deter someone from doing anyone bodily harm?

I almost spit my water out reading this:

“If we don’t pass something this year, maybe we can pass something next year just to deter those who want to do harm on our children and on us adults,” James said.

Since when did any law, EVER, deter someone from doing anyone bodily harm?

Well you see, this law is DIFFERENT because the really REALLY mean it this time.

Back
Top Bottom