• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get your Eotech refunds here if you want one

Cashed, money in hand and looking for another sighting system. Might consider Eotech if the bugs have been worked out. I'm a fan of the Viper Vortex 1x4 PST scope and have two on a 5.56 and a dedicated .22LR. Looking at both the Aimpoint and Trijicon optics.

Just need one more for my iron sighted RRA, not sure what to do?

I ordered a Aimpoint Pro this morning.

I had three eotechs, sent two in and they were received at the end of December. I received the emails (2) for confirmation of refund. I called today and no check has been sent and I need to check back in 2-3 weeks. I don't think I will be sending in my other eotech, but I don't think I'll be buying another one.

I've never understood people's issue with this, can you explain? I could understand if it was 0.9x instead of 1.0 but how does 1.1x depreciate performance or cause an issue. I run both eyes open on everything out to about 10x and have zero problems. Personally I love 1.5x sights anyway as they just feel like they enhance your target image just slightly. If you just want 1x because there is no optical distortion at 1x, I can understand but if someone is going to tell me they are measurably faster at 1x vs 1.1x, I'm going to call b.s.

Can't really say if I'd be faster one way or another? Would be interesting to do a drill back and forth between a 1.1 and a 1.0 and see that? PAC timer doesn't lie... Yes it's simply if an optic is advertised as 1x that's what it should be. Otherwise call it 1x 'ish... I do find the slight optic distortion annoying when shooting 2 eyes open. Can't say empirically if it hampers performance. If fact I recently videoed myself doing a difficult carbine classification with an Aimpoint and Eotech (both true 1x). Maybe I'll got out and run the same test with a Vortex 1-4X on 1Xish power and post the result.

But ultimately I think why settle for 1Xish for $450 when you can get a Aimpoint PRO for the same price and not settle? Unless there are other factors involved in the choice like the a 1-4 or something. Cause a true 1x scope in 1x4 or 1x6 is going to cost $1-$2K so a $500 viper may be worth putting up with. IMHO

I called 3 weeks ago for an update and was told if I had not received a check, I should call back in 3 weeks.
So, I called back this morning for an update and was told that my refund was in the final stage and although they could not provide an exact date for my check to be mailed, it would be soon.
She also said that they do the refunds in waves. In other words, they may issue 100-500 checks at a time and don't send them out individually as they get processed. They wait until they have a certain number to send out all at once. That may explain why some folks (on here and elsewhere) all got their checks the same day, while people who submitted their sights a few weeks later are still waiting.

I was also told today that they are not sending emails when checks are going out or anything like that either.

Anyways, hope this info helps anyone who is wondering. And, you can always call them for an update.1-888-EOTHOLO, Option 3, Option 1
As a point of reference, USPS tracking says they received mine January 7th.

I called 3 weeks ago for an update and was told if I had not received a check, I should call back in 3 weeks.
So, I called back this morning for an update and was told that my refund was in the final stage and although they could not provide an exact date for my check to be mailed, it would be soon.
She also said that they do the refunds in waves. In other words, they may issue 100-500 checks at a time and don't send them out individually as they get processed. They wait until they have a certain number to send out all at once. That may explain why some folks (on here and elsewhere) all got their checks the same day, while people who submitted their sights a few weeks later are still waiting.

I was also told today that they are not sending emails when checks are going out or anything like that either.

Anyways, hope this info helps anyone who is wondering. And, you can always call them for an update.1-888-EOTHOLO, Option 3, Option 1
Haven't gotten mine either. Sent two sights in, around December. Getting kind of pissed.

Why I have not sent mine in yet. Once I see real checks in hand, I will probably send mine in and put some extra cash to get a T-1 or T-2.

Back
Top Bottom