• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get your Eotech refunds here if you want one

batoncolle

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
35   0
Reaction score
Well it looks like Eotech is issuing refunds going back to at least 2005 purchases for their screw-up. cmshoot cmshoot posted the details in this thread http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...otech-enhanced-combat-optical-sights.1017307/

Just go to the Eotech Return Authorization Request page and fill out the form. In the text box, let them know you want a refund and your purchase price. They are replying to let you know it's accepted, and apparently you don't even need to provide the purchase receipt. You just have to send back the optic, and they'll issue you a refund.

Most of us never put ours thru the abuse of Military operations nor are we in fridgid climate or the humidity of the rainforest for them to fail so the Question becomes are you gonna send your eotech in? and Why?

I can't send one in because I bought (and then sold) my last Eotech many years ago when I saw and experienced repeated problems. Owned Aimpoints every since and have not had an issue.

The temp issue is just one of many that Eotech has had. Issues with batteries/battery compartments/battery contacts are much more common, and were the issues I experienced in the ones I owned.

I buy kit that I expect to last me a long, long time. If they are having issues now, what kind of longevity can I expect on down the road?

Not to sound like some kinda Mad Max Road Warrior/The Walking Dead/Red Dawn junkie, but I don't know what kind of conditions my kit may be exposed to years from now.

I don't want kit that is "good enough". I want stuff that's gonna last like an anvil and that doesn't care what kinda abuse me or the other guy throw at it.

I train a few thousand folks a year, so I see all types. I see the "Awww, this is good enough for me" folks all the time, and I don't have a problem with them at all, but I refuse to be one of them.

I can totally understand with purchasing a piece of kit because it's all you can afford. I was that guy for a long time. But, you can get an Aimpoint for the same price as an Eotech. So why not buy the Aimpoint? Eotech is offering to issue a refund for your Eotech? Why not take the refund, and upgrade to an Aimpoint? It's a no-brained for me.

I'm not gonna get killed or beat because my "good enough" kit failed me at a crucial moment.

Last edited:
Hmm. Might send the two I have back and get me an ACOG. Is it a full refund? I got both mine used for good prices.

From everything I have seen, they are not requiring receipts so as long as the amount you put in is not unusual, they should refund you. They are replying to the requests to say it's approved and to send it in. I'm guessing they were forced to set aside a certain amount of dollars to issue refunds, and once that's gone, they'll no longer accept refunds.

Most of us never put ours thru the abuse of Military operations nor are we in fridgid climate or the humidity of the rainforest for them to fail so the Question becomes are you gonna send your eotech in? and Why?

I don't own an Eotech, just Aimpoints. But if I had one, and knowing the potential issues, I'd send it in for a refund. As cmshoot said why take a chance?

I can't send one in because I bought (and then sold) my last Eotech many years ago when I saw and experienced repeated problems. Owned Aimpoints every since and have not had an issue.

The temp issue is just one of many that Eotech has had. Issues with batteries/battery compartments/battery contacts are much more common, and were the issues I experienced in the ones I owned.

I buy kit that I expect to last me a long, long time. If they are having issues now, what kind of longevity can I expect on down the road?

Not to sound like some kinda Mad Max Road Warrior/The Walking Dead/Red Dawn junkie, but I don't know what kind of conditions my kit may be exposed to years from now.

I don't want kit that is "good enough". I want stuff that's gonna last like an anvil and that doesn't care what kinda abuse me or the other guy throw at it.

I train a few thousand folks a year, so I see all types. I see the "Awww, this is good enough for me" folks all the time, and I don't have a problem with them at all, but I refuse to be one of them.

I can totally understand with purchasing a piece of kit because it's all you can afford. I was that guy for a long time. But, you can get an Aimpoint for the same price as an Eotech. So why not buy the Aimpoint? Eotech is offering to issue a refund for your Eotech? Why not take the refund, and upgrade to an Aimpoint? It's a no-brained for me.

I'm not gonna get killed or beat because my "good enough" kit failed me at a crucial moment.
How many times can you say "kit" in one post? I guess that's the new high speed tactical term of the month.

You have to have good KITT to support you. That's a fact.

kitt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom