• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

getting dog hair/smell out of car

When I bought my "new home" there was a pretty bad dog smell in one of the upstairs bedrooms. I bought something called odor eliminator, I think by Pledge. Sprinkled it on, let it sit for a few minutes, vaccumed it out. It took two different times but it did work.

Stiff bristled brush, and over the counter pet odor eliminators work pretty well. If there is piss in the car use vinegar--that will eliminate it.

If I have any smell i can't seem to get out of the car, I stick a couple of Bounce dryer sheets in with my air filter for a few days. Helps a lot.

Time and effort! If you can get your hands on an ozone generator, that will destroy the odors.

i am going to use a lint roller, duct tape, and vacuum cleaner to get as much hair out as i can and roll the windows down for as long as i can to air out, than take it to one of those car wash places to have the interior and exterior cleaned(probably use the one Legitmw works at or one similar)

then i'll spray the car with febreeze every so often and put a air freshener on the mirror.i barely know how to operate a toaster, and an ozone generator sounds complicated and expensive

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom