• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Getting into reloading for subsonic 308?

z.chance

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
93   0
Reaction score
Im thinking of getting a single stage press and the basic needed things to make subsonics for my rem 700 with a suppressor.

So far, I have only been able to find CorBon subsonics locally once. They are Lapua brass with 185gr projectiles. A box of 20 was $37. With the suppressor, these are incredibly quiet, but insanely expensive compared to $16 a box for normal 308.

Would it be worth the $300 or so investment? It seems like reloading could be fun, but I dont have the space or money for a big setup right now.

Im thinking of getting a single stage press and the basic needed things to make subsonics for my rem 700 with a suppressor.

So far, I have only been able to find CorBon subsonics locally once. They are Lapua brass with 185gr projectiles. A box of 20 was $37. With the suppressor, these are incredibly quiet, but insanely expensive compared to $16 a box for normal 308.

Would it be worth the $300 or so investment? It seems like reloading could be fun, but I dont have the space or money for a big setup right now.

Reloading is always worth it if you want to shoot on a regular basis. Granted you can find all the items to reload. You're right that subsonic rounds are so quite. We finally jumped on the band wagon and bought a LWRC REPR in 308 and have been playing with some subsonic rounds with our suppressor. Do you shoot other calibers? If you do I'd totally invest in a set up. The Subsonic we're using at the moment is Lellier & Bellot 200gr got them at AR Bunker in Newnan. I was amazed how quiet it was vs regular ammo. Going to start reloading some subsonic soon.

Reloading is always worth it if you want to shoot on a regular basis. Granted you can find all the items to reload. You're right that subsonic rounds are so quite. We finally jumped on the band wagon and bought a LWRC REPR in 308 and have been playing with some subsonic rounds with our suppressor. Do you shoot other calibers? If you do I'd totally invest in a set up. The Subsonic we're using at the moment is Lellier & Bellot 200gr got them at AR Bunker in Newnan. I was amazed how quiet it was vs regular ammo. Going to start reloading some subsonic soon.

I had to sell off most of my guns last year when work got really slow, so I really only shoot 45 and 308 right now, cause I just bought suppressors for them. I might get into 300blackout, but it may not be worth it if I can make my own 308 subs.

I have read that using 220gr bullets with 10.5 grains of trailboss makes an awesome subsonic load. The trailboss powder is really light weight, so the 10.5 grains pretty much fills up the case, unlike a subsonic load made with normal rifle powder.

S&B 200grn subs were $1 per round a week or two ago.

I had to sell off most of my guns last year when work got really slow, so I really only shoot 45 and 308 right now, cause I just bought suppressors for them. I might get into 300blackout, but it may not be worth it if I can make my own 308 subs.

I have read that using 220gr bullets with 10.5 grains of trailboss makes an awesome subsonic load. The trailboss powder is really light weight, so the 10.5 grains pretty much fills up the case, unlike a subsonic load made with normal rifle powder.

Sweet!! Funny thing is our tax stamp just came in for our .45 Suppressor.Now that's a cool one. It's extremely quite. I'll keep that in mind regarding the load. Great thing about guns if you need some cash it's not hard to get rid of a gun or two. I shoot .45 as well and it's also what I carry. The suppressor goes on the full Kimber 1911 though. It looks sick with it on and when you shoot steel all you hear is that bullet hit. 300 blackout has been growing in popularity. To be honest I'm not to impress with that caliber. Then again we eradicate hogs and coyotes with .308, 6.8 SPC, etc. One of the guys we do that with has a few 300 blackouts.

I wish I could find some up here!! I do reload but would like to see how it works with my AR 10 and Weatherby Mark V first. I have the AAC 762 SDN-6 for the 300 BLK OUT

Back
Top Bottom