• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Getting into reloading for subsonic 308?

Love it and when the E-File is back up will get an OCTANE>>

Ocatane?? Educate me. Haven't heard of that one. Yeah we need a couple more too I need one to run on my bolt gun. The Tyrant we have is a good one too. When is the E-file coming back up. That way you're not waiting a year to get one. lol

Ocatane?? Educate me. Haven't heard of that one. Yeah we need a couple more too I need one to run on my bolt gun. The Tyrant we have is a good one too. When is the E-file coming back up. That way you're not waiting a year to get one. lol

Don't know when it is, or if it is coming back up. The form 6 is still working as far as I know..The Octane and the Osprey are very close..I have done a lot of reading with comparisons and the Octane is much more preferred.

Im thinking of getting a single stage press and the basic needed things to make subsonics for my rem 700 with a suppressor.

So far, I have only been able to find CorBon subsonics locally once. They are Lapua brass with 185gr projectiles. A box of 20 was $37. With the suppressor, these are incredibly quiet, but insanely expensive compared to $16 a box for normal 308.

Would it be worth the $300 or so investment? It seems like reloading could be fun, but I dont have the space or money for a big setup right now.

If you wanna shoot a lot of subs 300BLK > .308. If you wanna shoot a few to make you giggle then just buy some factory ammo. After the newness of subs has wore off and you enjoy precision shooting reloading is a great idea.I love reloading but the basics you would need just to load .308 subs would take a while to see any money savings and buying the components still sucks right now. Reloading is very rewarding but if it's just to save money you'll be disappointed lol the idea of a complete reloading set is garbage. You always need more stuff. It's awesome tho and if you decide to go ahead with it I don't think you'll regret it and you'll shoot a lot more.

Yea i stopped by the store and the components seemed too expensive to offset the cost of the reloading equipment.
Laxguy posted some links to affordable subs, so ill probably just order a bunch of them.

Back
Top Bottom