• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting suppressor shipped to house

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
So this is new to me but I got a call from a Capitol Armory today about a suppressor I just ordered. Apparently CA has FFLs set up in 8 states, GA being one of them, so they can handle your paperwork just as if you brought the suppressor locally. That means no Form 3 wait time and they will ship the can to my house when the Form comes back. Woot!

So this is new to me but I got a call from a Capitol Armory today about a suppressor I just ordered. Apparently CA has FFLs set up in 8 states, GA being one of them, so they can handle your paperwork just as if you brought the suppressor locally. That means no Form 3 wait time and they will ship the can to my house when the Form comes back. Woot!

Mail the 4473?

Ship to your house? I assume you are not an FFL dealer, so shipping to your house would be illegal.

You said you ordered a Can. Cans are Form 4, not 3. ATF Form 3 is a form most silencer or NFA item owners will never use. It is for transferring an NFA item (like a silencer or short barrel rifle) from one FFL SOT to another.

Every FFL handles the purchase of a suppressor the same way, regardless of where it's purchased.

Something sounds very fishy about this...

Incorrect. A 4473 can be mailed in and the can can be mailed to the owner.

He said no Form 3 because the FFL is in state. Just the form 4.

My mistake then. I thought an FFL had to ship it to an FFL and it had to be picked up with ID by the person authorized the tax stamp.
This is the process how I've always understood it and what I've done in the past. I've always ordered my suppressors online except for my Osprey I purchased from Quet Riot. I think at that time QRF could have mailed it to me but it would have been extra days in transit so I just went and picked it up.

CA does this for their Texas residents so it's legal as long as they have an FFL in the state your in making them a local dealer.

Thread on arfcom says this just started last month. I'm excited. Heck I might get a .45 can now

Curious as to how they get the suppressor out of their bound book without a 4473, ID verified in person. In for information.
Everything is electronic. Electronic 4473 and you upload all hour documentation, licenses trust, and get them a copy of your fingerprints. Silencer shop has mine on file so I'll get them to mail CA a copy

Back
Top Bottom