• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gheenoe restoration project.

Get a 9.9hp that's what everyone is running on them. Supposedly that's the sweet spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This I agree with, I have a 9.5 hp Evinrude I use on mine and anything less it would not plane out even after placing wings on the foot........ I had trouble seeing where I was headed.......LOOK OUT stumps, logs and gators :shocked: :tape:

Idk man I took it out today and moved along pretty good with just a 55lb trolling motor. I feel like a 9.9 would almost be too much. Then again I bet it would be pretty fun too!

Have you thought about installing a keel guard? saved me a ton of repair. Just a thought, fantastic endeavor and I enjoy the updates...Well done Sir!

With a 9.9 you would top out about 22-23 solo if you had the weight distributed right. That's what I gather from everything I have read. I wouldn't go less than a 9.9 just in case there were 2 people in the boat. Remember you don't have to run full throttle if you don't want to, but wanting to run faster, and not being able to sucks bigly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you thought about installing a keel guard? saved me a ton of repair. Just a thought, fantastic endeavor and I enjoy the updates...Well done Sir!
Thank you, after taking it out today I can see where that would come in handy. I pulled on the bank so my buddy could get in and it scratched it down to the primer...lol

Back
Top Bottom