• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glad I am Alive… After a TOTAL accident with my working van today!

I hit one of the orange barrels with my Ranger's driver side swing out mirror years ago at the Virginia Highway overpass on 85 and shattered my window. Never hit my brakes, just kept heading up the highway with my lap, pockets, and crotch full of broken glass! No need in stopping, the damage was already done! Then I hit another heading home on 85 around Fairburn, actually ran completely over it with my Bronco II, busted my grill and trans cooler line. Had to pull over this time, one to pull the mangled barrel out from under my truck, and two to bend the cooler tube back in place enough to stop it from leaking so I could make it back to LaGrange. Both times I fell asleep from being out half the night clubbing. Glad those days are way behind me because all those DOT thingys don't play when you hit them! Grateful you're ok most especially because your situation could have been much uglier! God's been there for us more times than we can count...........

Glad you're OK. But now, as a lawyer, I have to advise you stop talking. Let's consider the possibility that the concrete barrier jumped into your path! Are there any witnesses that can say with 100% certainty the wall didn't do that? ;-)

That wall could have been made with a concrete mix that was contaminated with vehicular repressed animosity (VRA) aggregate. Studies have shown that structures made with this anti-transportation concrete that doesn't play well with others may lash out at passing vehicles. The General contractor and the cement subcontractor on this job could be liable along with the DOT for not inspecting the work more carefully.

Glad you're OK. But now, as a lawyer, I have to advise you stop talking. Let's consider the possibility that the concrete barrier jumped into your path! Are there any witnesses that can say with 100% certainty the wall didn't do that? ;-)

That wall could have been made with a concrete mix that was contaminated with vehicular repressed animosity (VRA) aggregate. Studies have shown that structures made with this anti-transportation concrete that doesn't play well with others may lash out at passing vehicles. The General contractor and the cement subcontractor on this job could be liable along with the DOT for not inspecting the work more carefully.
It could also be a case of SCS, spontaneous concrete spalling. Big chunks of concrete suddenly bursting off the main structure and targeting working folks in their vans.

I say 5-6 of us go out there with some sledge hammers and beat the crap out of that concrete barrier !
That’ll teach that darned thing to jump out there in front of any of us ODTers again !! :dizzy:

Back
Top Bottom