• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19 light strikes with Monarch steel case crap- normal?

Revolver

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
As titled. I had 2 "light" strikes with Monarch ammo. Russian lacquered steel case crap. Should this be expected from ammo that crappy, or should I be concerned about my gun? The primers were pretty well dented (as well as any of the rounds that went off), but no bang.

Never had this issue with brass-cased ammo, but I've only put a few hundred rounds through the gun.

Inb4 "Glock imperfection" :p

I have had a misfire or two from the cheap Russian Steel-cased stuff in an otherwise reliable gun--I will say that the number of misfires with that type Ammo will increase EXPONENTIALLY if there has been any "Work" done to the Gun--Like installation of a Reduced-power Striker Spring--In pursuit of a lighter Trigger Pull...YMMV, of course....mikey357

Soft strike or hard primer, or combination of both.
Not every gun was designed for the "harder" primers of Russian steel case ammo.
I still prefer Russian steel case over crap inconsistent and weak WWB and reloaded junk

Reactions: MSS
Typical for Russian ammo. Its all made by Barnual, same company that makes Brown/Silver/Golden Bear ammo. The Monarch brass cased stuff is made by PPU (Priv Partizan) and Ive never had a issue with it.

I have had a misfire or two from the cheap Russian Steel-cased stuff in an otherwise reliable gun--I will say that the number of misfires with that type Ammo will increase EXPONENTIALLY if there has been any "Work" done to the Gun--Like installation of a Reduced-power Striker Spring--In pursuit of a lighter Trigger Pull...YMMV, of course....mikey357

My guess is there's a light spring in your gun

The gun is stock except for a Ghost minus connector. I purchased it brand new so I know for sure what parts are in it.

Last edited:
Typical for Russian ammo. Its all made by Barnual, same company that makes Brown/Silver/Golden Bear ammo. The Monarch brass cased stuff is made by PPU (Priv Partizan) and Ive never had a issue with it.

I've seen some with sporadic hard primers.
I've seen some .380 that was totally worthless.

Back
Top Bottom