Glock 19 vs. Beretta 92fs

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy my glock 22! I have a 9mm conversion barrel for it. I just shoot better groups, I can shoot much faster and more accurate with my 92 then I can with my glocks. Ive always been fond of DA/SA pistols. So it fits my comfort level.

Cmon bro...we all remeber what you think of Glocks:

View attachment 98663

LOL!

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy my glock 22! I have a 9mm conversion barrel for it. I just shoot better groups, I can shoot much faster and more accurate with my 92 then I can with my glocks. Ive always been fond of DA/SA pistols. So it fits my comfort level.

You should really give the PX4 a try then, if you haven't already. IMO, it's got the same basic feel and function as the 92/M9, but is a step above them. I liked the M9 just fine but, after firing a ton of different models, settled on the PX4. If I want the round count, I'll grab my PX4, if not I stick with a 1911. I'm very comfortable with either though.

Oh yeah, I'm going with the Beretta over the Glock but only because I shoot Berettas better than I do Glocks. Shoot them both and see which you are more comfortable with and then go with that one.

You should really give the PX4 a try then, if you haven't already. IMO, it's got the same basic feel and function as the 92/M9, but is a step above them. I liked the M9 just fine but, after firing a ton of different models, settled on the PX4. If I want the round count, I'll grab my PX4, if not I stick with a 1911. I'm very comfortable with either though.

Oh yeah, I'm going with the Beretta over the Glock but only because I shoot Berettas better than I do Glocks. Shoot them both and see which you are more comfortable with and then go with that one.

You know I shot a beretta px4 .40 compact the other day. Was putting up sick groups with it. It is a smooth shooter for sure. Its on my wish list :)

If we are talking the end of the world, it may be a bit of a toss up, though my 92SB is very smooth and tight and anything i ring steel gongs at 100 meters with off hand in rapid fire drills gets a hard look. Add in I can get mags and parts of the platform from military armories and it is a standard issue I wouldn't feel under-armed with it and my AR15. Do they have issues? Sure, so do glocks.

As far as the PX4, I really wish I could say a lot of good about the gun, I like the feel of it, its accurate, smooth, trigger is nice, but the one that a friend of mine owns has been a jamamatic. Has about 600 rounds down range and maybe four full mags without multiple failures, with four different mags now and I think we have tried 8 different ammo loadings in it. His is a compact model so the full size guns might run better, but even lubing the snot out of the bastard it hasn't run well enough for me to recommend it. Now if it would run reliable.... I would be hard pressed not to pick one up for my personal collection, I like the feel and I do shoot one well, get one with a decoker only... maybe the issues will be worked out down the road.

Weird. I have the full-size PX4 9mm and the sub-compact PX4 9mm. I have probably 2,000 rounds through the full size and ~5-600 round through the sub-compact. I've had zero failures with either. That includes shooting everything from federal range ammo to speer gold dot JHP.

Weird. I have the full-size PX4 9mm and the sub-compact PX4 9mm. I have probably 2,000 rounds through the full size and ~5-600 round through the sub-compact. I've had zero failures with either. That includes shooting everything from federal range ammo to speer gold dot JHP.

His won't run, supposed to run wet. I think it could just be a bad pistol, however, I have run into enough others who have had issues with theirs that it may be a design issue. Initially the gun would FTF every other round, the last 100 rounds through it the gun has run a little better, but it still isn't 100% and I still can't trust it. Tried everything from swapping mags but with all four mags it will FTF regularly, to the point early on when it would run more then two rounds in a row you'd catch yourself getting ready to clear a stovepipe. Been hearing fewer issues as of late, not sure if it is due to fewer being used out there or just fewer issues.

Back
Top Bottom