• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19 vs Springfield XD or XD(m)

I have never held an XDm. However I have owned and XD and a Glock 19. I prefer the Glock 19 hands down. I hate the grip safety and high bore axis of the XD. That said, if you're looking to purchase, go to a LGS and try them out and see which fits you best.

Never tried the Glock 19.........

But I did shoot both the Glock 17 and an XD Service.......... Even though the XD has a shorter barrel, I did better grouping with it. I actually prefer the XD grip over the Glock........ but Glock hold value better, especially on this forum.

I prefer the XD, and I've held the XDm, and it's very nice. Haven't shot one though, but suppose to be even more accurate with the match grade barrel.

I'd go with the XDm. Now if I can find one with a threaded barrel for cheap....................

Personally, I like both, but I think Glock wins because there are more holster and magazine options.
A G19 can take a 15rd mag, a 17rd mag from a G17, or the 33rd mag.
Also think the Glock is sleeker and less chunky.

That was comparing to a standard XD, the XDm's are better looking and less chunky, but still don't have the wide variety of accessories that Glock does.

I traded into a XD-40 sub-compact a while back thinking that it would be smaller and more concealable than my G19, I was wrong, the grip was almost the same length but not as much pinky room as the Glock with much less ammo capacity (9rds of .40 in the flush fitting mag and 12rds in the extended mag). It was a fine gun and just as reliable as any, but it just didn't have any advantage over the 19, so it got traded for another Glock :D

I dont know the differance, but my wife has a problem shooting anything more than a 22. Anything more than a 22 will cause her hands to swell almost immediatly after 8 or 10 rds. With a g19, she's done after 6 to 8 rds. But, recently she shot an XD and loved it, She went streight to the counter and bought a service model and Why is beyond us, but she can go thru 50 rds box an XD with no problem.
Whatever the differance is, I dont care. But she's very happy now she can shoot something other than 17s and 22s. (me too)

Back
Top Bottom