• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19 vs Springfield XD or XD(m)

So you don't care for the 1911 either I take it?

You can't compare the grip safety of an XD with a 1911, the xd grip safety feels as cheap as the frame. Although supposedly all polymer guns are nylon 6, the xd feels "cheaP" in the hand and leads to a lot of distrust in my eyes.

You can't compare the grip safety of an XD with a 1911, the xd grip safety feels as cheap as the frame. Although supposedly all polymer guns are nylon 6, the xd feels "cheaP" in the hand and leads to a lot of distrust in my eyes.

To me, personally, the XD does not feel cheap, but I have handled other tupperware that did feel cheap, the Sig P250 being one of them.

What does concern me about the long term durability of the XD is the fact that only the front slide rails are steel, while the rear slide rails are polymer :suspicious:

Last edited:
So you don't care for the 1911 either I take it?

You can still manipulate the pistol except for firing without having to engage the grip safety. The XD entirely locks up unless the grip safety is perfectly depressed.

I think a well put together 1911 is about as classy as it gets for a show and play gun.

XDs do not require the grip safety to be "perfectly depressed" to fire the gun. We have quite a few XD and XDm variants. All you need to do is grip the pistol as if you were going to fire it and it will fire. Period. You don't have to have the flesh between your pointer finger and thumb jammed up against that safety. If you can't get the pistol to fire, then you were probably not gripping it in any sort of a safe manner to begin with. Granted, it's always possible there was a defective SA grip safety out there.

I can completely agree that the subcompact models are a "chunky" for concealed carry. But hands down very comfortable to hold.

As for Glocks, I've had a few. I was more accurate with the Glocks overall, probably because of the lower and slimmer profile slide. I just couldn't get used to the Glock grip position, too much of an angle for me. Gen 4s seem to be a bit better, but I don't want to have to rely on adding Hogue grips to make the gun more comfortable on the prior versions I had.

Both brands are excellent guns and very reliable. I'd say it comes down to personal preference and a ***slight*** advantage to the Glock in that you have a heavy user base between Glock fanatics in the South and law enforcement's use of the gun as a standard.

If I had to choose in a grid down situation, it woud be Glock, no questions asked. Fortunately, we all get to make choices among several manufacturers here in Amerika.

Last edited:
I heard the XD had a smooth trigger compared to Glock..
Anybody who claims an xd or m&p for that matter has a better trigger than a glock doesn't understand trigger reset. In my experience, most people have no clue what constitutes a great trigger.

Back
Top Bottom