• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

glock accidental discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I likes me some banana nut bread...but I can't have none, it makes me poo and I ain't dropping my Glock in the crapper...say Soveit, mind if I swing by and use your Glock..er bathroom?

My Glock is mind controlled. It has a direct mental interface connecting to the first finger on my right hand. So far it has displayed no tendency towards a mind of it's own.

You mean the 3 safeties that are ALL deactivated by pulling the trigger? Yes. Those 3. It's not my brain that I'm worried about...its errant snags, other's hands, so on and so forth...

i51.tinypic.com_1213dhs.gif

Thats what I was thinking. He said no though. I read a story of a cop who dropped his duty weapon... fumbled for it and it went off and cought him in the forehead. Better to just let it hit the ground.

This actually happens quite a bit. It happens very often to either new shooters who aren't comfortable/competent handling the pistol or during transitional drills while transferring the gun from the primary hand to the weak hand where the student drops it then grabs for it & grabs the trigger as well as the grip.
Of course it can happen to anyone that has a brain lapse... it happens.

We emphasize to our students, "If you drop the gun, LET IT FALL." Every school that I've ever attended as a student taught the same thing.
Most modern guns have drop safeties and are designed to not fire when dropped.

You mean the 3 safeties that are ALL deactivated by pulling the trigger? Yes. Those 3. It's not my brain that I'm worried about...its errant snags, other's hands, so on and so forth...

Then how did it fire if the trigger was not pulled? The drop disengaged all three? Wow.

This actually happens quite a bit. It happens very often to either new shooters who aren't comfortable/competent handling the pistol or during transitional drills while transferring the gun from the primary hand to the weak hand where the student drops it then grabs for it & grabs the trigger as well as the grip.

We emphasize to our students, "If you drop the gun, LET IT FALL." Every school that I've ever attended as a student taught the same thing.
Most modern guns have drop safeties and are designed to not fire when dropped.

I think once they realize it dropping... they are like oh no! MY FINISH! bleh let it drop.. beats getting a shot to head.

I think once they realize it dropping... they are like oh no! MY FINISH! bleh let it drop.. beats getting a shot to head.

The day I threw....yes threw my glock 7 feet into the air in the frozen food section of wal-mart, my wife yelled at me because she said I just stood their like a moron staring at my gun falling to the ground. Every part of me wanted to reach out and grab it, and it took quite a bit of restraint to just stand there and watch it fall.

Didn't go off by the way. :)

The day I threw....yes threw my glock 7 feet into the air in the frozen food section of wal-mart, my wife yelled at me because she said I just stood their like a moron staring at my gun falling to the ground. Every part of me wanted to reach out and grab it, and it took quite a bit of restraint to just stand there and watch it fall.

how the heck did that happen lol

Trying to knock something off the top shelf?... just asking.

how the heck did that happen lol

New desantis intruder IWB holster. Not enough retention in the kydex. Was playing with my son and basically...well let's just say I did a disco move that involves pointing at the sky really fast. Anyway on my way past my Glock, I caught the rear sight with my fingers, ripping it out of the holster and throwing it about a foot above my head. It was embarassing to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom