Glock cycle problems with suppressor

I have never run a light on my glock but I have read that the added weight at the front requires a heavier mag spring for some reason. I imagine a suppressor would create the same situation.

Like others said, make sure the booster is well lubricated . Also push the can towards you and make sure it's not snagging on anything . You should be able to feel the spring pressure .

Just played around with the booster some more.. whatever grease they put on it was quite tacky.

Added some white lithium grease as the above poster recommended.

Will try a different mag next range trip.

Will try a G22 Gen4 recoil spring if none of that works.

Just played around with the booster some more.. whatever grease they put on it was quite tacky.

Added some white lithium grease as the above poster recommended.

Will try a different mag next range trip.

Will try a G22 Gen4 recoil spring if none of that works.
Yeah , it's best to clean it as it can be kinda sticky . I had one of my boosters stick due to build up. Once I cleaned it , back to normal function.

I've got a few hundred rounds thru my Gen 4 G19, storm lake barrel and a Octane 9 without a single issue. And I'm a dunderhead. Hopefully you have an easily fixed issue because I believe your gear should run fine. Good luck, it must be frustrating

Finally got back to the range with the suppressor and wanted to give everyone a quick update.

Cleaning/lubing the piston with fresh grease was all that it took. Ran about 50 rounds through the can today, all cycled flawlessly.

I could actually feel the can moving back-and-forth a bit during the cycle, which I could not do before.

Thanks to all for the input and advice.

I would also look at replacing the recoil spring with a new stock one . They are wear items and lose tension over time

The host was my newest Glock 17. Has maybe 1500rds through it. Pretty sure that wasn't a factor. Especially since the same gun and same ammo ran it fine today.

Finally got back to the range with the suppressor and wanted to give everyone a quick update.

Cleaning/lubing the piston with fresh grease was all that it took. Ran about 50 rounds through the can today, all cycled flawlessly.

I could actually feel the can moving back-and-forth a bit during the cycle, which I could not do before.

Thanks to all for the input and advice.
Glad you got it fixed. I dont clean my cans very often, but I do make sure to grease the piston assembly fairly often. I started that after I noticed my can wasnt returning back all the way after a shot. I cant believe I didnt get a baffle strike. FrogLube seems to keep it working properly though

Back
Top Bottom