• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Gen 5/Glock in General Opinions

It's a Gen 2 21 I believe, they only made Gen 1's in 9mm if I'm not mistaken. Hold on to those old original parts. Don't take those old parts to Smyrna, or they will all end up gone. They will be replaced with MIM parts that may or may not break more easily. Newer Glock slides and barrels have the tightest/best tolerances ever, but the small parts haven't necessarily improved.

I called Glock years back gave them the serial number and got the date of manufacturer and other information. However since then I have lost the paper I wrote it down on. I should give them a call again and get the information. I still have all the old parts and do not plan on getting rid of them. The gun functioned perfectly, the only reason I changed out the parts was I really like the gun and wanted to have some fun. Did improve accuracy and the trigger reset is next to nothing. I don't think my 21 is worth anymore with the upgraded parts then it is with the factory parts. At best with two mags it's a $400 gun. I am realistic.

Glocks are $450 used. Don't pay anymore, just wait and you'll find your deal.

Sometimes you can pick them up for $400. Once you buy one, take it to Glock in Smyrna and have them go over it. Anything that needs to be updated or replaced will be done by a factory tech. I bought a set of night sights for a G30 recently and took to the factory. The tech said he replaced all of the internals except for the frame, slide, lug and barrel for $0.

You can't beat their quality.

Back
Top Bottom