• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock/M&P?

I looked at the M&Pc, didn't like the sights and it felt too small in hand. So I got my first Glock today and love it! So you know which gets my vote!

glock 004.JPG

Don't get me wrong. I bought an M&P9 Threaded and did 1500 trigger pulls on it trying to smooth out the 180 grit trigger pull. Once I realized that it was going to take $150 to simply get a hint of a reset, I was out.

M&P has the best ergonomics of any handgun I have ever held.

Don't get me wrong. I bought an M&P9 Threaded and did 1500 trigger pulls on it trying to smooth out the 180 grit trigger pull. Once I realized that it was going to take $150 to simply get a hint of a reset, I was out.

M&P has the best ergonomics of any handgun I have ever held.

Yes the trigger is about the only thing i dont like.

Is there a difference in accuracy when one uses traditional 3 dot night sights over something like those "tactical" (or are they called combat, I can't remember?) night sights where the rear sights are blacked out?

I think it's more a matter of speed than just accuracy.
Most people find the "operator" styled sights to enable the shooter to acquire the front sight much faster.
The eye is drawn to the bright front sight w/o being distracted by the rear dots... especially with a bright orange outline or a fiber optic front sight.

Additionally, most of these sights have a wider rear notch & a narrower front sight blade which affords a more precise sight picture at longer distances than most factory sights.

Dave Sevigny & Scott Warren I believe were innovators in this design.
Some of the above was told to me firsthand from Sevigny down at Glock in Smyrna during an Instructor workshop.

edited out~~~~~NWSharpshooter

Ahhh, I forgot. I guess there's no need to try them both as I CLEARLY stated many times in this exact DISCUSSION!! Stating that one gun is perfect is clearly the same and just as relevant as saying one works better for me personally but the OP should try them both and form his own opinion. Saying one is perfect is totally helpful. What was I thinking?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh, I forgot. I guess there's no need to try them both as I CLEARLY stated many times in this exact DISCUSSION!! Stating that one gun is perfect is clearly the same and just as relevant as saying one works better for me personally but the OP should try them both and form his own opinion. Saying one is perfect is totally helpful. What was I thinking?

I apologize. When I typed that, I didn't think about what a douche comment it was. It wasn't until you quoted it and I read it that I realized how it came across. No hard feelings? ;)

I apologize. When I typed that, I didn't think about what a douche comment it was. It wasn't until you quoted it and I read it that I realized how it came across. No hard feelings? ;)

Lol, no hard feelings at all and no apology is necessary. After all, what you said is true. It's just a discussion forum. Nothing to get too worked up over. I've been on here since day 1. Although occasionally a miserable troll strikes a nerve, I try not to get involved in worthless negative exchanges.

Again I appreciate your input. As to the HK & Sig. I've been down that road. Actually still own a Sig 220 stainless. Nice guns buy I wouldn't want to carry it daily. I just plain don't like HK. And yrs I've owned both the 45&40 USP. Nothing wrong with them just not for me.

For the M&P guys here, I was at Clyde Armory today and they just received a new shipment of all M&P magazines and have finally lowered the price to $24.95. They probably had a good 20 to 30 of each caliber.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom