Glock/M&P?

1. Tennifer. Glock has it, M&P doesn't.

2. Apex trigger. The 75 dollar trigger kit you need to give the M&P a trigger as nice as the Glock

3. Smyrna Georgia vs. Springfield Mass.

4. Glock mags cost 20 bucks each and are everywhere, M&P mags cost 30 bucks and are harder to find

Besides those four three things, not really much difference in the two guns. Rent both and buy what you like
Besides those three things, I think the M&P

1. Melonite. M&P has it, Glock doesn't.

2. Why would you want the M&P to be like a Glock?

3. I've never had to send one of my S&W to the factory.

4. M&P mags can be found closer to $20 and really aren't that "hard" to find.

Sorry, looks like some of this was addressed as I was taking my sweet a%# time typing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Less toxic to apply, I don't know, nor do I really care. Neither are toxic to me the end user and only one completely eliminates the fear of rust.

Just looked into it. They're both the same thing. Tenifer is the trademarked name for the process which isn't allowed in the U.S. because of the EPA (GOTTA SAVE THE CHILRINS!), so companies here use Melonite. They're both ferritic nitrocarburizing processes though and no difference in the two. Same rockwell hardness, etc.

Just looked into it. They're both the same thing. Tenifer is the trademarked name for the process which isn't allowed in the U.S. because of the EPA (GOTTA SAVE THE CHILRINS!), so companies here use Melonite. They're both ferritic nitrocarburizing processes though and no difference in the two. Same rockwell hardness, etc.

So your saying that Glock cannot do it here in the US because they call it Tennifer, but M&P can because they call it something different? Seriously?

So your saying that Glock cannot do it here in the US because they call it Tennifer, but M&P can because they call it something different? Seriously?

Sorry, wasn't clear in my explanation. Both processes are the same (ferritic nitrocarbunizing), but apparently there's some sort of byproduct from the Tenifer that is banned in the U.S. because of the cyanide salts. Apparently for melonite there's a different chemical used other than those salts, but it gives the same results.

Last edited:
1. Melonite. M&P has it, Glock doesn't. Highpoint has a finish Glock doesn't have as well, that doesn't make it better. Melonite will rust, Tennifer will not (under normal conditions)

2. Why would you want the M&P to be like a Glock? I don't know, but they sure sell the heck out of those Apex trigger kits don't they?

3. I've never had to send one of my S&W to the factory. Nor will I have to send my Glock to the factory. I can just drop it by because it is so close. So convenient in fact, I drop mine by all the time when there is nothing wrong with them, just to get free upgrades and goodies.

4. M&P mags can be found closer to $20 and really aren't that "hard" to find. I edited that out.

Sorry, looks like some of this was addressed as I was taking my sweet a%# time typing.

My replies are in red

Back
Top Bottom