• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock "Perfection" Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are popular because they are economical, utilitarian, low maintenance, and very reliable. Lots of polymer guns with higher capacity and police departments around the country carry lots of different guns. I will give you that more police departments rely on Glocks than any other model. I wonder why? Oh yeah, because they are economical, utilitarian, low maintenance, and very reliable.
Because Glock has the best deal for departments/military. As in a couple hundred bucks plus free exchanges.
They are low maintenance and reliable. But so are tons of others.

Essentially. Close enough for Glock to sue over it.

That was the Sigma they sued S&W over, not the SDVE. The Sigma was known as the SW9VE. S&W had to change the design. That said the metal wasn't tenifer treated, they didn't use the same quality components, and the gun was a total flop.....so much so that they had to redesign it AGAIN and call it something different....the SD9.....which is a flop as well. That's why gun stores have to practically give the piece of **** away and nobody wants them. The whole line was such a failure S&W had to come out with an entirely different design with the M&P line of pistols to try to compete with Glock. They managed to get some PD contracts early, but those are all slowly getting dumped too. Why would a PD dump them and go back to Glock if it was "essentially the same thing?"

Yes, another post about Glocks being overrated.
I'm curious where this "perfection" is that Glock and glock suckers tout.
I want to say early gen 3s had issues, gen 4s had a lot of issues when they came out, and the new M series, possible future gen 5s, are having problems as well and some were recalled.
Is it the ergonomics? The shape and angle of Glocks are poor.
The looks? Hell no.
Sights? The rear sight is junk.
It must be the trigger then, right? Meh, their triggers are okay but certainly not great.

As every Glock owner says, "they just work."
So a Glock's reliability makes it perfect? Not really. Obviously not every single Glock is perfect, same as any other firearm.
Smith and Wesson, Sig, Ruger, Springfield, Beretta, Walther, HK, CZ, Colt, Kimber, Kahr, etc etc etc all make reliable handguns for the most part.
And no, the torture tests you're about to link are meaningless, unless maybe you work at a peanut butter factory.

Glock's disassembly is simple though so that's something.
So again, Glock boys, where is the perfection?
THERE SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM WITH MOST GUNS ON ODT,SIMPLY BEAUSE IF YOU LOOK AT THE ROUND COUNT MOST HAVE EITHER NEVER BEEN SHOT OR VERY LITTLE.

Because Glock has the best deal for departments/military. As in a couple hundred bucks plus free exchanges.
They are low maintenance and reliable. But so are tons of others.

That would be the "economical" thing I said. S&W, Sig, HK, Beretta, etc have all GIVEN away guns to PDs to get them to switch. You think Glock is the only company trying to win over police departments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom