• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Eds in Stockbridge, I got a gen 4 G17 from them for $400 with 1 mag 2 months after they came out...have bought two gen 2 G19s there for $385 and $395...G23 with GNS and 3 mags for $425...I never ever buy glocks on the trader.

That might be great if you happen to be in that area, but from say Alpharetta, it's a minimum 2 hour drive roundtrip, and easily 3hrs with traffic. Your $400 G17 + $28 sales tax + $18 gas (120 miles @ 20mpg x $3.6 per gal) + $25 for an extra mag (for comparison purposes) = $471. If I can pick one up around here for $500 and save myself 3 hours, I don't think it's all that bad. For some people, their time is worth more than the price differential.

All I'm saying is you can't just compare the price of the gun itself.

That might be great if you happen to be in that area, but from say Alpharetta, it's a minimum 2 hour drive roundtrip, and easily 3hrs with traffic. Your $400 G17 + $28 sales tax + $18 gas (120 miles @ 20mpg x $3.6 per gal) + $25 for an extra mag (for comparison purposes) = $471. If I can pick one up around here for $500 and save myself 3 hours, I don't think it's all that bad. For some people, their time is worth more than the price differential.

All I'm saying is you can't just compare the price of the gun itself.

I hear ya, I've been there a couple times all the way from the Roswell area, it's a good jump sure... Usually I'm already out & about and just stop by there...also have a lot of glock accessories so mags arent a deal maker or breaker for me...but do see how that would surely matter to some.

Also when I'm at Ed's I can buy other things, some not even firearm related, I've never had a bad experience there, very professional and fast.

Being that I don't buy or trade daily/weekly, it doesn't bother me to go up there when I need a glock, and even tho AO sucks, their used prices are similar and closer to me, whole point was that the $500 used glocks on here aren't the only game in town...

Almost forgot my main reason for makin the trips to Ed's...ive found they have the largest selection/inventory of different used Gen 2s in the area...the Gen 2 frame happens to be my preference, so that part is a deal maker for me.

A rebuilt Glock is not new.
If you can get one for 475 new that is about cost for most stores, so I would suggest buying as many at that price as you can get and re sell them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom