• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good bbq in Ga. 10 you must try article . Guess who made it ;)

Wiley’s BBQ in Savannah is top notch! It’s on 80 so you can grab some coming or going into Tybee Island. I wish I have lived in Savannah when Johnny Harris BBQ was still in business just for the sake of saying I ate there.

RIP - I miss this place. Best BBQ I ever had. Anyone recognize it?

View attachment 3322476
My favorite. Some of my earliest childhood memories include this place. Before they closed I have been known to eat there Wednesday through Saturday (only days they were open). Debbie didn't even take my order for the last several years, I just sat down at a booth and a few minutes later she would bring it out. I miss it so bad. The lyerly drive through will do in a pinch, but its not the same.

Anyone around the fairgrounds on Pine road in Newnan can stop by the little bbq place there with the big smoking pig cooker out front . A big sammich is just $3 . Their stew is Walkers ,but the butts are smoked right there . They are good folks and I think he is a retired 1st responder.
Its not the best ,but I like to stop by and get a sammich ,chips an tea for under $5.
Thats a deal ! ;)

My favorite. Some of my earliest childhood memories include this place. Before they closed I have been known to eat there Wednesday through Saturday (only days they were open). Debbie didn't even take my order for the last several years, I just sat down at a booth and a few minutes later she would bring it out. I miss it so bad. The lyerly drive through will do in a pinch, but its not the same.
After talking about this last night I had to go to lyerly today
The girl who comes out in jean shorts to take my money is cute, so there's that. :D

Wiley’s BBQ in Savannah is top notch! It’s on 80 so you can grab some coming or going into Tybee Island. I wish I have lived in Savannah when Johnny Harris BBQ was still in business just for the sake of saying I ate there.
Harris was okay, we always liked Bill Hilliard’s in Thunderbolt better.
Thought Carey Hilliard’s somehow not as good, plus it was out of the way heading home to Tybee.
Then there was the Triple XXX on Victory Drive’s “juicy pig” sammich.
BBQ was always a special treat when we’d “go to town” to shop.

Back
Top Bottom