• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good bbq in Ga. 10 you must try article . Guess who made it ;)

We are having a meet and greet at Hudson's in Douglasville on July 24th at 10am so that will give a lot of folks an opportunity to come on out and try their BBQ out. We are going there for supper tonight so I am biased. Hope you all can make it when we gather. I understand this will be the last meet and greet until Christmas.

Their was a time many many moon ago, that it was good..But that time is gone now, won't spend my money there again..
Horrid Brunswick Stew. As bad as Dean's (closed now) in Jonesboro. You have to turn over lots of stones to find any open pit cooked bbq. Too much work and man hrs. Everything now is on smokers. Lot of em are set and forget with electronics and timers. Fine if you know how to . Man, I have had some sooty meat and some that might as well been cooked in the oven.

Old south bbq in Smyrna has some good Brunswick stew, and that old fashion vinegar sauce. I worked there washing dishes and chopping pork in high school about 1986. After about two weeks you didn’t want to even think about bbq, all your clothes smelled like wood smoke and bbq sauce. Couldn’t eat bbq for years after.

Oink Joint in Zebulon has pretty good Brisket and MOST EXCELLENT Brunswick Stew--'Course, some on here will probably avoid it like the Plague since it's literally right across the street from the Pike County Courthouse--Flashbacks, mebbe'? Lol!

We are having a meet and greet at Hudson's in Douglasville on July 24th at 10am so that will give a lot of folks an opportunity to come on out and try their BBQ out. We are going there for supper tonight so I am biased. Hope you all can make it when we gather. I understand this will be the last meet and greet until Christmas.

I posted this thread because Hudsons made the list. ;)

Back
Top Bottom