• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good carry insurance

You are still going to jail plain and simple, I know of a guy who has been in Henry county jail for over 3 years now. His case had video from the store and it was cut and dry self defense, he tried to run, the multiple guys chased him, tried to get in his vehicle and was dragged out, they tried to stab him he got the knife stabbed the one guy and then hauled ass out of there. He has been in jail all this time, lost his career, his house, his wife and kids and the case is still on going cause the man that he killed his mom is constantly pushing the whole he was a good guy and didn't need to die bs.

In short if you kill someone in self defense wether it be with a gun a knife a brick a stick or whatever, you are going to jail for a long time...

That is a terrible and sorely unjustified situation, probably in one of those very Liberal Fascist court system, but its not against the board that every self defense shooting is going to put a defendant away in this way. There are plenty of cases where people defended themselves and were exonerated.

I think having anyone on your side, to help you with the language, the court procedures, and cost is a plus. The cost alone average over $50k in defense of your case.

US Law Shield sounds very legit to me. I think thier insurance is a matter verbal symantecs, these companies offering coverage is to be there for you when the SHTF after you defended yourself.

It can't hurt!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

None of these companies (as far as I know are 'real' insurance companies, they simply underwrite the cost of trial insurance with someone. For example Second Call uses the NRA insurance program, which in turn is underwritten by an insurance company. In the case of ACLDN there is no insurance associated at all.

However you bring up a good point... a company that provides your lawyer to you may have some real conflicts of interest

Probably 80-90% of civil cases in U.S courts today (excluding domestic relations cases) have a party represented by an attorney hired and paid for by the insurance company. 99.99999% of medical malpractice cases, and you can bet your bottom dollars the Drs. wouldn't be doing that way if the lawyers had a conflict of interest.

Another Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network (ACLDN) member, here.

I like the network because of the training they provide regarding personal safety and navigating the legal environment one may find oneself in post defensive action. The training provided is given in such a way that it may be presented in court to explain objectively why you took the action you did. And the network now covers you if you defend yourself with a weapon other than a firearm.

The training also includes a monthly newsletter with updates and "what if" type questions answered by multiple network lawyers as well as articles by defensive trainers.

They will not cover you if you blatantly break laws like carrying concealed unlicensed, carrying in areas that are restricted, or shooting someone while you are involved in criminal activity, etc. In other words, obey the law when it comes to carrying a weapon.

They will cover you if you are accused of assault, manslaughter, murder, etc because you defended yourself or a loved one. And cover you civilly.

One thing the training drives home is that, if at all possible, avoid getting yourself in a position where you must physically defend yourself. Sometimes it can not be avoided or you're not paying attention and find yourself "behind the 8 ball." If that unfortunate situation happens, I want an experienced someone in my corner.

Another Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network (ACLDN) member, here.

I like the network because of the training they provide regarding personal safety and navigating the legal environment one may find oneself in post defensive action. The training provided is presented in such a way that it may be presented in court to explain objectively why you took the action you did. And the network now covers you if you defend yourself with a weapon other than a firearm.

The training also includes a monthly newsletter with updates and "what if" type questions answered by multiple network lawyers as well as articles by defensive trainers.

They will not cover you if you blatantly break laws like carrying concealed unlicensed, carrying in areas that are restricted, or shooting someone while you are involved in criminal activity, etc. In other words, obey the law when it comes to carrying a weapon.

They will cover you if you are accused of assault, manslaughter, murder, etc because you defended yourself or a loved one. And cover you civilly.

One thing the training drives home is that, if at all possible, avoid getting yourself in a position where you must physically defend yourself. Sometimes it can not be avoided or you're not paying attention and find yourself "behind the 8 ball." If that unfortunate situation happens, I want an experienced someone in my corner.

This line troubles me. So if you carry into a store that has a No Guns sign on the door and someone pulls a gun on your child so you shoot the bad guy, you are not covered?

As I understand it, no. I wonder if any of the "insurance companies" do. If they did it might appear that they were approving you breaking the law.

If a store doesn't allow me to carry they don't want my business.

Unfortunately, it looks like Blade Show 2017 is in this category. I will be attending but not carrying. It's not the vendors' rule.

Makes my head hurt. If I ever get time I'm going to try to compile some actual reviews. Had the same problem with life insurance trying to find one my wife wouldn't have to sue to get the claim paid if it were needed. Part of the problem with the cost is they seem to have to cover suicide now. How stupid is that.

Same here, I tend to over think these things but tonight I've compared it enough to finally decide between the last two. The NRA reimburses you but only for 80%, doesn't provide bail but allows your spouse on your policy. USCCA responds with bail and provides 100% immediately but my wife has to have her own policy. Her policy would be 50% of the cost of mine. The NRA only covers gun related cases where the USCCA covers any weapon. Negligent discharge cases (for example) would probably cost you your GWL so the NRA wouldn't cover it but the USCCA would still remain with or without a carry license. I think it's obvious which way I'm leaning so tell me where I'm going wrong. I've worked to long and hard for a lawsuit to destroy the rest of my life.

This line troubles me. So if you carry into a store that has a No Guns sign on the door and someone pulls a gun on your child so you shoot the bad guy, you are not covered?

In Georgia it is not against the law for a GWL to carry a gun into a store with a "No Guns" sign. No unlawful act has been committed in your scenario.

The NRA policy I have pays up to 1 million,$150k for lawyers,includes spouse,provides bail. Costs $367 a year. Cheaper than a gun or a safe,both of which I have no problem spending money on.They give you 20% up front. Yeah,maybe you are poor,but you can have your pay garnished for the rest of your life.

Same here, I tend to over think these things but tonight I've compared it enough to finally decide between the last two. The NRA reimburses you but only for 80%, doesn't provide bail but allows your spouse on your policy. USCCA responds with bail and provides 100% immediately but my wife has to have her own policy. Her policy would be 50% of the cost of mine. The NRA only covers gun related cases where the USCCA covers any weapon. Negligent discharge cases (for example) would probably cost you your GWL so the NRA wouldn't cover it but the USCCA would still remain with or without a carry license. I think it's obvious which way I'm leaning so tell me where I'm going wrong. I've worked to long and hard for a lawsuit to destroy the rest of my life.
Before you sign up with them, check out US Law Shield. I compared and found it to be better.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom