• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good carry insurance

I went back and forth, reading and searching both what the companies advertised and for complaints against. I even emailed questions to them. One company did not respond, so he got struck from the list. One of the companies has subjective limits on their coverage's which you won't know till you need them.
I chose CCW because it was the best fit for me and what I think I might need. Could be money wasted or it might keep me from total devastation in that possible rare event.

what the heck is carry insurance ? ?

http://concealednation.org/2015/09/an-in-depth-look-at-concealed-carry-insurance-should-you-get-it/

After reading this it seems that its for if you accidentally shoot your neighbors dog that strays onto you property or if you defend yourself and get scrutiny it pays for a lawyer. To me it seems like anybody thinking they need this type of insurance might want to use the money for some training instead. wouldnt having this insurance make you seem more quilty like premeditated ? Its like car insurance, why are you gonna have it unless your driving a car. I sure dont ever plan on using my gun for SD but if i do I'm gonna make damn sure that i was in danger and absolutely HAD to. I think for people to get a ccw/cwp they should have to take a class with a certified instructor, that would prevent ppl that have never fired a gun before from buying and carrying, then again on the other hand we shouldn't have to pay for the concealed or even be forced to have one but probly better that we atleast have them or lots more people would conceal and there would be more accidents because of untrained people and unsafe practices.

Having carry insurance is no different than carrying collision insurance on your car. If you are a good driver and don't put yourself in situations where you would be at fault for damage to your car, you might be better off putting the extra money towards a rainy day fund and just using that to pay for a new car if that set of circumstances arises.

The thing to realize is that the average cost of a self-defense trial is north of $100,000. Sure, if all the facts are clear and you have a good jurisdiction, you may never spend a second under arrest or in the legal system, but that's pretty rare. In most cases you will be taken to the station to be interviewed at a minimum... a situation that you should absolutely have an attorney present in.

If you had to defend yourself in 'hostile territory' (and think about it... isn't that far more likely than not?) you could get a prosecutor looking to prove a point, and will use that $100K cost as a bludgeon to get some kind of plea deal from you at least. After all, it's not his kids college fund, or house or retirement fund that's going to get zero'd out if it goes to trial... it's yours.

I started looking into this back around 2013 or so when I saw an ad for USCCA 'insurance'. I went with them for a year or so until I couldn't take the used car sales aspect of the group, and I joined Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network instead.

ACLDN is NOT insurance of any type. Members pay in and if one of them is involved in a defensive incident, the board gives them a 'grant' to help defray immediate costs. This may sound sketchy, but the people behind it are some of the most famous and respected 'gun folks' alive today. They are a very reputable organization that has helped many of their members over the years.

As an aside... One thing to realize is that there is no such thing as 'carry insurance' per se. No insurance will cover the cost of a criminal trial, which is what any self-defense case is. Even 'carry insurance' cannot legally cover and pay the bills for a criminal trial up front. Insurance can however reimburse you for expenses spent on a trial.

That's why literally all of these plans have an upfront component that helps pay your trial bills (usually some kind of trust or grant) and a secondary part that is insurance to reimburse either you or the 'insurance company' so long as you are found not guilty.

I'm still with ACLDN because I think they are the most flexible in any scenario. However last year I also signed up with Second Call Defense.

One thing I don't like about ACLDN is that they don't have a lot of lawyers in GA, and I've never had any luck trying to get in touch with one to setup a plan 'just in case'. Second Call handles all that for you. If something does happen, they should be literally the Second Call after 911 and they will have a lawyer for you ASAP... possibly even while you are still on the scene.

They will provide bail money if needed, and notify others based on a pre-plan you work out with them. They also fund the costs of any legal proceedings, in this case by spending part of your monthly payment to enroll you in the NRA insurance that refunds legal costs on acquittal.

The new kid on the block is the NRA's "Carry Guard' plan. It sounds similar to Second Call Defense, but doesn't seem to offer the same legal hand-holding that SCD does. This plan is brand new, so I don't know how much detail there is on it.

For now I stick with SCD, and while I may let my ACLDN membership lapse some year, for now I'm keeping it as well.

what the heck is carry insurance ? ?

http://concealednation.org/2015/09/an-in-depth-look-at-concealed-carry-insurance-should-you-get-it/

After reading this it seems that its for if you accidentally shoot your neighbors dog that strays onto you property or if you defend yourself and get scrutiny it pays for a lawyer. To me it seems like anybody thinking they need this type of insurance might want to use the money for some training instead. wouldnt having this insurance make you seem more quilty like premeditated ? Its like car insurance, why are you gonna have it unless your driving a car. I sure dont ever plan on using my gun for SD but if i do I'm gonna make damn sure that i was in danger and absolutely HAD to. I think for people to get a ccw/cwp they should have to take a class with a certified instructor, that would prevent ppl that have never fired a gun before from buying and carrying, then again on the other hand we shouldn't have to pay for the concealed or even be forced to have one but probly better that we atleast have them or lots more people would conceal and there would be more accidents because of untrained people and unsafe practices.

You obviously do not understand, "Shall not be infringed upon..."!

I bought the NRA carry insurance. I figure they went all out to investigate the loopholes. No matter what some of you "lawyers" on here think, if you shoot someone, you will most likely get sued, no matter what the circumstances are. Even cops get sued when they shoot someone. The families of these gang bangers always look for something to gain.

Back
Top Bottom