• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Good read (and true)

Ditto, 20 years this month for us. The traditional roles are no longer acceptable and are now looked at as barbaric, demeaning, sexist, whatever derogatory name you care to place on it. Hell 'marriage' doesn't even mean what it used to. "Progress".... :rolleyes2:
I have been married for 11 years next month. I have an awesome wife that believes in traditional biblical views of marriage, and traditional roles. She has friends and co-workers that tell her she's crazy for our marriage roles being what they are. The difference is, many of them have been married multiple times, struggle with infidelity, and are extremely unhappy in their marriages. Never mind the fact that we are extremely happy, and grow to love each other more each day. No marriage is perfect by any means, but when you have two totally dedicated parties to the traditional view of marriage, things tend to run more smoothly. JMO.

I have been married for 11 years next month. I have an awesome wife that believes in traditional biblical views of marriage, and traditional roles. She has friends and co-workers that tell her she's crazy for our marriage roles being what they are. The difference is, many of them have been married multiple times, struggle with infidelity, and are extremely unhappy in their marriages. Never mind the fact that we are extremely happy, and grow to love each other more each day. No marriage is perfect by any means, but when you have two totally dedicated parties to the traditional view of marriage, things tend to run more smoothly. JMO.
I deleted my post referencing those types folks and will simply say.... "Bless their hearts."

Nobody said they didn't agree with it. It's just sad.
And FAR too many guys never grow up. Not sure when being an unfaithful prick became 'cool' but the disintegration of marriage is due to lots of things. The fact it's happening is sad. The reasons are just generally depressing.

In my case I was engaged for two years and was constantly being accused of being something I wasn't. She doesn't really believe I'm an unfaithful prick, but her insecurities are way over the top and too overbearing. I've never treated anyone better. Shame on her for not appreciating me. I don't understand. She was a fitness model and is not someone who you would think is insecure by looking at her. Not by a long shot. I suppose it's an old story. Some women want a good man until they have one, then they take him for granted. Some men are guilty of this too, so I'm not excusing them either. Then the day finally comes when he or she (the one being taken for granted) gets tired of it and gives up, then the one who took them for granted for years all of a sudden claim they can't live without them. Too late. Much too late. It's like a never ending, stupid game. I've heard some guys say "don't ever get too comfortable..." And that's one reason I'm not married and never have been. If I get married I'm going to be comfortable or why do it? Why would I want to spend my life constantly worrying about the person I'm with? Not me.

That's a rare find nowadays. Most women my age (late 20's) are looking for the guy with the biggest wallet they can mooch from. Chemistry? Mutual respect? Cooking a meal? What's all that?

Nailed it. I'm 32 and have no plans of ever getting married at this point. It's not so much the women my age that turn me off though it's their degenerate, entitled, filthy little bastard kids that always comes attached with them.

Yea, but the kids get it from somewhere. The entitlement mentality runs rampant with both men and women or our generation, but more so with women.

IMHO, the majority of the 20 somethings(both genders) in the USA are a sad lot. I wouldn't give you a wooden nickel for any of them.

I am very blessed in my marriage and the relationship we have. My wife and I have been married 37 years, 10 months and 6 days. She still treats me like a king and I still treat her like a queen. I have never once cheated on her and she has never given me reason to suspect her of cheating. She is my Angel and I love her more each day than I did the day before.

My wife can be a huge pain in the ass, but I can't imagine not being with her. I guess I got lucky, we had plenty of trying times in the years before we got married but she is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Been married twelve years now and the first several were HARD. I now believe those hard years were what it took for God to crush the selfish boy in me, and make me a man who gladly sacrifices for his wife and kids. What can I say, I thought I was a great guy and it took what it took to show me otherwise lol. Funny how when I chose to focus on my shortcomings as a husband and a Father her shortcomings seemed to take care of themselves. I am not saying this is always, or even often the case in anyone else's relationship. It was definitely the case in my house. She is an amazing women who I am overwhelming grateful for. She is the one who gave me money, for my birthday, to shop on the ODT with and make my first interweb gun purchase. What else can I say.

Back
Top Bottom