• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Good read (and true)

Yes, looking for a spouse is a recipe for disaster. I look at it like my parents. The word "if" has never entered their thinking. "If we make it", "If it works out", etc...Too many ifs with people diving head first into marriage. If you say if, you're probably going to regret getting married. Perhaps my way of thinking is outdated and old school, but the old timers obviously were doing something right. Divorce was almost completely unheard of in the 50's. Look at how many older couples have been together for 30, 40, 50+ years...My parents will be married 48 years next month. That's the way it should be, IMO. I know couples my age (41) that have been together 20+ years. They are getting to be fewer and farther between but they are out there. They don't say "if".

Well said!

My 1st wife turned out to be a 1st Class Tramp, we Married in 63, divorced in 65.. Been with this one 32 Years, she's no beauty queen, not the best cook, but she has one factor that's sadly lacking in many women today, you can trust her. And that is a major building block in a long lasting relationship.. That and she doesn't care what I buy/sell or trade on ODT :thumb:

My 1st wife turned out to be a 1st Class Tramp, we Married in 63, divorced in 65.. Been with this one 32 Years, she's no beauty queen, not the best cook, but she has one factor that's sadly lacking in many women today, you can trust her. And that is a major building block in a long lasting relationship.. That and she doesn't care what I buy/sell or trade on ODT :thumb:

Yessir Buddy. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom