• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good tackle box/turkey hunting pistol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no affiliation with UGA. If you had emailed it to me, you would have gotten a positive ID within 24 hours. I would be happy to provide whatever references you wish through PM. I would even be willing to scan in some pages from the latest Herpetological Atlas for Georgia. You will learn that me being a Gun Toting, Deer Hunting, Conservative, Wildlife Conservationist, makes me a target from both sides. On conservative sites, I am called a Liberal and on Conservation sites I am an Evil Hunter. So I don't take any of it personal, I just stick with facts. My goal is just to convey information. So if you genuinely want some information, I would be happy to oblige. But I won't go to PM just to be disrespected considering I have been tactful and respectful and conveyed no opinion on killing the snake. I would love to provide any information you want or can put you in contact with people much more educated than me on the subject. After all, I only have one book to my credit ;) Georgia actually has one of the most comprehensive Reptile and Amphibian projects in the country that took 10 years to complete. It is expensive, but I can get you the relevant pages that have range maps with county lines. Just hit me up in PM if you like.

yall chill out. BWSMITH, i don't give a rats ass if its a garden snake, if it comes towards me and won't go away its dead. if it carries on about its business i'll let it be. and saying there is not a certain snake in certain area does make you seem like a person who does"know it all". We have ratters, cottons, and water mocs here in NW GA and don't even say we don't because we have killed all three.
When you are just sittin there minding your own business and you look over and there he/she is you don't think "is that legal to kill? could the ranger be right over there?" HELL NO! i see snake and freak and only have one thought on my mind and its dies snake die!!
And we hunt and fish on private property (except when we go to Rocky MTN Projects and fish" we know the laws. And where we hunt and fish a ranger aint gonna be around there.

and saying there is not a certain snake in certain area does make you seem like a person who does"know it all". We have ratters, cottons, and water mocs here in NW GA and don't even say we don't because we have killed all three.
Not to sound like a "Know it all", but a Cottonmouth and a Water Moccasin are the same snake. They are both Agkistrodon piscivorus. Perhaps you meant Copperhead as those are very common.

I am not the one who did studies on ranges. But a simple google search or look in a natural history book yields many answers. As far as Copper Creek, there has never been a verified, legitimate record of a Cottonmouth in that area or in the surrounding counties. I am just the vessel for information. And again, I would be happy to scan in documentation. But snakes are the most feared and misidentified creatures. So reports have to be verified by someone qualified to properly identify the taxonomy. So they may be there, but there is no evidence to back it up.

If having the knowledge after years of study makes me a Know It All, so be it. But I am more a "Know A Lot on a Few Topics" :cool: Georgia Herpetofauna and the related regulations happen to be topics I am well versed in. And again, not trying to sound like Know it All, but so you don't think I am some random person who watched Animal Planet for a week, I can provide credentials, publications, and a list of wildlife related State and Federal Permits if you are interested.

Nothing I have posted is an opinion or interpretation. It is all documented and readily available facts. But everyone is free to believe what they wish.

My apologies to the OP for the massive derailment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom