Got into a fight with neighbor's kid about parking

I didn't read all the way through so it may have been said before, but do you have a fire hydrant in your yard behind where he parks? If so gwinnett or Suwanee pd will issue a citation on blocking it and code enforcement can have the vehicle either booted or towed if it happens again after the initial citation.

No, my house doesn't have anything like that.
I wanted to park in front of their tiny front yard, but fire hydrant is in their yard.

I didn't read all the way through so it may have been said before, but do you have a fire hydrant in your yard behind where he parks? If so gwinnett or Suwanee pd will issue a citation on blocking it and code enforcement can have the vehicle either booted or towed if it happens again after the initial citation.

Very good advice... thanks.

I feel your frustration. I had a neighbor who violated the local city code and our subdivision covenant to put up a front yard fence. My neighbors and I were successful in our campaign working with the City Commission, City Attorney, and the Code Enforcement Unit to eradicate the fence however, it took 15 months and the fence was only the tip of the iceberg as the guy was operating a high tech grow house.

I retired from government and my job required working closely with local code enforcement agencies concerning environmental issues. Most agencies are set up well and are very responsive. If you want to get things moving on your behalf, contact your city commissioner and show him or her the problem. They will then contact Code Enforcement which should initiate a response to your complaint. A list of your city council members is: http://www.suwanee.com/cityhall.councilmembers.php

The City of Suwanee website has a link for a Code Enforcement brochure which includes vehicle parking restrictions: http://www.suwanee.com/pdfs/code_enf_brochure.pdf
An overview of the agency is below:

Code Enforcement
Keeping Suwanee a ‘neat’ place to live
Committed to promoting and maintaining an attractive and inviting environment for the community, the City of Suwanee has adopted ordinances that regulate property maintenance in both residential and commercial areas.

Some of the most common property maintenance violations relate to:

• trash and debris
  • grass, weeds, and overgrown vegetation
  • outside storage
  • inoperable and unlicensed vehicles
  • parking on grass
  • exterior maintenance of property, including paint, rotted wood, and broken windows
  • standing water and pool maintenance
  • storm water system pollution
  • illegal signs
  • unlicensed home occupation
The City’s code enforcement brochure provides additional details about property maintenance and code enforcement. To report a violation or for additional information, contact Code Enforcement Officer Susan Carpenter, at 770-904-2798 or scarpenter@suwanee.com.

Moving any time soon? If not, then I would wait him out. Unless you are willing to go to war like the above post says.
Since they have the hydrant in their yard then he would have to park in front of someone's house. I can see situations where he can't park in the driveway. Being a jerk about it is another thing.

Just put a sign up in the grass reserving the spot for the punk neighbor's kid with the foul mouth or take a restraining order out since he threatened you and protect yourself if needed.

Just spray some of this stuff under his door handle.

51-Xs-vY78L.jpg

Planning my next home now...
Wanted cul-de-sac.. Bought 4 lots... I now own the entire cul-de-sac... Actually with the 2 guys at the end of my road... I will be the only home on the street...
No neighbor issues...

HOA has not jurisdiction on parking in streets. County does if he is blocking sidewalks,parking on yard and across and impeding anothers driveway.

In for updates.

I agree with park your own car there when he leaves, but then you'll have to leave eventually and he could come back...

Alot of cities have ordinances about not parking cars on the street over night...check into these for your city and county. It's fun to call code enforcement on PITA neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom