• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Got into a fight with neighbor's kid about parking

Go to the scrap/recycling yard and buy an old fire hydrant. One of the guys from the water dept might even be able to help you find an old one. Put it near the curb in your yard. No one has to know it aint hooked up.

You really, really need to ask yourself and your family: Is this worth going to war? If it is, then have at it. If it isn't, maybe pretend to be all nicey nice and apologize & tell the kid you overreacted and it's all good.

Wait two months.

And set the freaking thing on fire.

Of course, I'm kidding.

Mostly.

just a suggestion,

Get a tire valve remover, DO NOT REMOVE THE TIRE VALVE, simply loosen the tire valve, just a little to help air out the tires the air in the tires must be getting stale....

just use some latex gloves and do not disturb the dirt around or on the rims.............

Again. I recommend talking with the parents! If that fails a 12 gauge round inserted into the tail pipe (needs to be pushed into the drop pan) will within a short period of time eliminate the exhaust system for the vehicle.

I live in a cul-de-sac and there's a beat up neighbor's car parked in front of my yard for all summer long.
It irritates me because I've hard time trimming the edge of the grass since he always parked right at the edge or even worse on the grass.
I also doesn't like the fact that I've to wake up looking at his beat up car every morning.

We've a nice flat large front yard and I always enjoy playing baseball with my son.
One day, my son almost bust the window of his beat up car with his baseball so now we have to drive and practice at the park.
The car only moves for about a few hours a day or sometime just stays there... not sure what his job is or even he has one.

Today, I had enough because while I was cutting the grass, he returned and parked right in front of my yard again.
I asked him politely to explain above issues and his first response was "where do you want me to F**K the car then?"
I thought I heard it wrong, but the conversation continues with "you don't owned this F**King street" and so on and go back to your F**King property" etc...
The conversation basically started with F**K and ended with F**K.
Never heard so many F words since high school in my life...

What should I do at this point?
The parents of this kid (stepson) also had numerous issues with our next door neighbor.
I'm not going into details, but it looks like his parents are not the person you could talk and work things out.

I contacted my HOA, and they said they will try to talk but since the street is not owned by the HOA, they could not enforce anything.
I also contacted the city of Suwanee, but haven't heard back.

Any thoughts?

I feel your frustration. I had a neighbor who violated the local city code and our subdivision covenant to put up a front yard fence. My neighbors and I were successful in our campaign working with the City Commission, City Attorney, and the Code Enforcement Unit to eradicate the fence however, it took 15 months and the fence was only the tip of the iceberg as the guy was operating a high tech grow house.

I retired from government and my job required working closely with local code enforcement agencies concerning environmental issues. Most agencies are set up well and are very responsive. If you want to get things moving on your behalf, contact your city commissioner and show him or her the problem. They will then contact Code Enforcement which should initiate a response to your complaint. A list of your city council members is: http://www.suwanee.com/cityhall.councilmembers.php

The City of Suwanee website has a link for a Code Enforcement brochure which includes vehicle parking restrictions: http://www.suwanee.com/pdfs/code_enf_brochure.pdf
An overview of the agency is below:

Code Enforcement
Keeping Suwanee a ‘neat’ place to live
Committed to promoting and maintaining an attractive and inviting environment for the community, the City of Suwanee has adopted ordinances that regulate property maintenance in both residential and commercial areas.

Some of the most common property maintenance violations relate to:

• trash and debris
  • grass, weeds, and overgrown vegetation
  • outside storage
  • inoperable and unlicensed vehicles
  • parking on grass
  • exterior maintenance of property, including paint, rotted wood, and broken windows
  • standing water and pool maintenance
  • storm water system pollution
  • illegal signs
  • unlicensed home occupation
The City’s code enforcement brochure provides additional details about property maintenance and code enforcement. To report a violation or for additional information, contact Code Enforcement Officer Susan Carpenter, at 770-904-2798 or scarpenter@suwanee.com.

I remember that ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ [wink], his Dad was a Lawyer and that fact probably slowed the process down with the local legal officials. As to the parking problem I'd pour 1/2 of a 5# bag of sugar on the ground near the fuel filler door, that'll give him something to think about. Do NOT put it in the tank !!

Back
Top Bottom