• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got my truck broken in!!! Safe held up!

Can i fix the safe and continue to use it?

• Safe is good to use

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Buy another safe

Votes: 38 86.4%

• Total voters
I guess I should have stated "your" kid.

I was comparing existing laws. Stating if one is a law, the other is basically the same scenario, but it isn't a law. Not saying I agree with them 100%.

Sometimes we have to be the adult in the room and to be responsible. Unfortunately all folks are not raised right and even some are raised right and they go off the reservation. As responsible adults we should be responsible. Not saying any of it is your fault but if you are reckless....there should be some accountability.

I guess you could look at it as wild animals. If you leave your grocery bag on the porch and a racoon tears into it and scatters all over the yard, who is to blame? The raccoon's parents, the DNR, Donald Trump? The racoon is doing what it does to survive, you left the groceries so he could get to them, that is irresponsible on your part.

Rosewood

Well, I guess I stated an urban legend that isn't true. I apologize. It appears that comprehensive will cover a stolen vehicle even if you leave the keys in it. Only if you have a policy that has a stipulation that would deny that, and apparently that is not common at all.

However, it should be a rule!!! If you leave your gun out for a kid to get to and they hurt themselves or someone else, you can be at fault. You should be held responsible for leaving keys in the car.

I wonder how many stolen cars it would take for someone to stop leaving their keys in their car.

Rosewood

It should be a rule that people should be responsible for their own actions, and quit trying to always lay blame on someone else.

I guess you also think the Firearms manufacturer should be held responsible for firearm accidents and when they are used against others.:thumb:

I wonder how many thieves would have to get shot in the head, before they stopped stealing from someone?

The thieves skipped over my house the last pass they made through Eatonton stealing out of cars.
They hit about 8 or 9 vehicles, skipped over my house and started again and his 5 or 6 more.

I guess word does get around.:shocked:

I guess you also think the Firearms manufacturer should be held responsible for firearm accidents and when they are used against others.:thumb:
Absolutely not. They are being responsible by only putting hands in those that are responsible. They only sell to approved licensed dealers. You should never be held responsible when you exercised due diligence.

Now if they left their store unlocked with no reasonable measures to secure and a gang waltzed in and took the guns, then yes, they should be at least partially responsible. Stupid is as stupid does.

Rosewood

Yes, it should be, but unfortunately, we have too many liberals in this country that blame it on everyone else.

Well, I guess I stated an urban legend that isn't true. I apologize. It appears that comprehensive will cover a stolen vehicle even if you leave the keys in it. Only if you have a policy that has a stipulation that would deny that, and apparently that is not common at all.

However, it should be a rule!!! If you leave your gun out for a kid to get to and they hurt themselves or someone else, you can be at fault. You should be held responsible for leaving keys in the car.

I wonder how many stolen cars it would take for someone to stop leaving their keys in their car.

Rosewood

So it's someone else's fault that thieves steal?

"Liberals blame everyone else"
"You should be held responsible"

Be careful you don't contradict yourself.

Absolutely not. They are being responsible by only putting hands in those that are responsible. They only sell to approved licensed dealers. You should never be held responsible when you exercised due diligence.

Now if they left their store unlocked with no reasonable measures to secure and a gang waltzed in and took the guns, then yes, they should be at least partially responsible. Stupid is as stupid does.

Rosewood

And women wearing skimpy provocative clothes without their chastity belt are responsible for getting raped. Umm OK.
Blame the victim, unless it's a black street thug, then it's society's or the police's fault. lol

What if someone steals you lawn mower gas and sets themselves on fire or burns down someone's house, are you also responsible?
We could go back to the gas station and sue them. That's might "Liberal" of you.

Back
Top Bottom