• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got my truck broken in!!! Safe held up!

Can i fix the safe and continue to use it?

• Safe is good to use

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Buy another safe

Votes: 38 86.4%

• Total voters
In my experience, my wife locked the door on her car and the Democrats busted out a $500.00 window to steal her pocketbook with $20.00 in it.:mmph:
I leave my vehicles unlocked, and the keys in the ignition. I'm not worried about getting in my vehicle and there be someone hiding in it.:thumb:
If I enter my house, I would like to know if someone has forced themselves inside. Your analogy between car and house is very Liberal.:wacko:
I also leave $10.00 on the seat in case the crack heads come by so they will be content and not steal my tools.:thumb:
I also have a motion detecting camera recording system all around my house and a yard dog.:becky:
You do realize if the insurance company knows you left the keys in the ignition and your vehicle is stolen, they will not pay for it?

I remember years ago, my brother always had a sticker on his car advertising his stereo. He had Alpine across his windshield on 2 vehicles. When I got older and wiser, he got a new vehicle and I told him, why do you put "Alpine" across your windshield, that is like saying "rob me". You are advertising you have expensive stereo equipment in your car. After pointing that out, he has never put a sticker on his vehicle since. I told him to repel the thieves, put a sticker that says Roadmaster or Realistic or Audiovox and that should keep them away. He also once had a purple neon tag light. I reminded him a cop could spot his vehicle from half a mile away if he was speeding. He took it off shortly afterwards.

I have considered putting a Sig sticker or GCO or NRA type stickers on my vehicle, but no doubt a seasoned thief will clue in that you likely have a weapon in the vehicle. I just don't put stickers on my vehicles.

Rosewood

Could you show a reference where an ins. company didn't pay due to the keys being in the vehicle?
Well, I guess I stated an urban legend that isn't true. I apologize. It appears that comprehensive will cover a stolen vehicle even if you leave the keys in it. Only if you have a policy that has a stipulation that would deny that, and apparently that is not common at all.

However, it should be a rule!!! If you leave your gun out for a kid to get to and they hurt themselves or someone else, you can be at fault. You should be held responsible for leaving keys in the car.

I wonder how many stolen cars it would take for someone to stop leaving their keys in their car.

Rosewood

However, it should be a rule!!! If you leave your gun out for a kid to get to and they hurt themselves or someone else, you can be at fault. You should be held responsible for leaving keys in the car.

Rosewood

Why?

Why is it my fault someone hasn't trained their kid to leave stuff alone that isn't theirs. Way is it my fault that someone sets out with larcenous intent instead of having a job and having to go to work?

Both behaviors may be foolish in today's permissive society, but I refused to accept that it's "my fault" for someone else misbehavior.

Back
Top Bottom