• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grandson wants a motorcycle for Christmas

dont get a racing 2 stroke for a new rider.... the ktm 50 is very fast and the 85 2 strokes are blistering. getting him started on one of them is like getting him a vette for his 16th birthday. he may be ok, but bad will most likely be the outcome.. a good 4 stroke, xr or crf 70,80,100 would be great, ttr 90,110 are also great..
sending you a pm, i am in griffin and have a couple of kids bikes left at the shop..

He wants one for Christmas, not happening most likely.
If he gets one at all it will be up to me.

Someone suggested used KTM 50 Senior.

Any thoughts?

Hes not a big kid, novice rider, 10 years old
Depends on his height really. I bought my son a CRF100 (great bike by the way) and he got ONE year out of it (and single digit rides) and now he looks like a spider monkey on the thing already. They grow WAY too fast. Guess I'll be in the market for something taller when some money falls out of the sky...
Anyway, my first bike was a DT100 (Yamaha on/off) if memory serves around age 13. 2 years later got a street bikd (CB360T). Some of the 75/80s are TALL bikes, some of the 110s are SHORT bikes. The frame and suspension really matter more than the engine size. A 75 is going to give him more than enough speed but if it doesn't "fit" it's less fun and more dangerous. Conversely a 110 won't get him in trouble if he's not a maniac and may leave him a little something to grow into. Again, it's got to physically FIT him though.

My 13yo has been riding a klx110 for a few years now. Easy to work on and 4 stroke so it's easy to chug around in a low gear.

I taught my friends boy to ride it around in about 20 minutes...put it in second and let them fall over a few times.

I bought it for $800 but good luck finding one this close to Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom