Great coffee.

Been drinking coffee for over 60 years and tried most all store brands and a few gourmet brands. Tried different brewing methods and brands of makers. Coffee is very subjective, what I like may not be what you like. A friend gave me a Kureig fancy maker and I like it mainly for its convenience. Must have tried 29 different varieties of k-cups and finally settled on Kroger Private Selection Kona dark roast. It’s been my favorite for a number of years. Who knows… I may find something I like better later on.

I order this on line and grind it myself

1713922265345.png

Coffee is very similar to wine in that beans taste different based on how they’re made and where they’re from. Look online and order some different beans:

Spiller Park’s coffee is good.
Jittery Joes has some nice ones, and a wide selection.
Dynamite Coffee (Montana Negra) is my current favorite.
Some people love 1000 Faces, some hate it. They roast to the 2nd crack, which gives it an intense tang that not everyone cares for. I like it, my wife does not.

Beulah Land Beulah Land has a friend who does roasting in W Georgia. She has some great info on different types of beans, how they’re processed, and flavors.

You won’t get the best coffee in a grocery store - the production is too small. Experiment and try different bean varieties, roast levels and wash processes. You’ll never look back at Gevalia again.

In for more advice.

Back
Top Bottom