snatch3838

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Vehicle / Equipment Dealer
130   1
Reaction score
Gun store owner or lawyer please help
I have a co worker with a green card what is the gun ownership/ purchase rules
regular background? What about carry lic?
thanks guys

If they want to buy at a store I'd recommend they get a GWL, not necessary, but can make the store a bit less obstructive about selling to foreigner. Ask me how I know......

Reactions: GFB
If they want to buy at a store I'd recommend they get a GWL, not necessary, but can make the store a bit less obstructive about selling to foreigner. Ask me how I know......
He wants to get both but he ask and I had no clue last time asked it was a guy with fake papers not real ones so I did not bother asking ODT

If an alien has a current and valid Permanent Resident Card, they can legally complete the 4473, but they will need to fill out their A# on the form, and I suspect that if they don't have a GWL, some FFLs may ask to see their physical Permanent Resident Card. Obviously, without a GWL, that purchase will require a NICS check, but the purchaser will have at least met the federal requirements.

Provided they have some state-issued identity card (such as driver's license) their county Probate office can issue them a GWL (and as others have said, it's probably a very good idea to get one, if only to demonstrate to an FFL that the state has OK'ed then to carry a weapon - i.e. they have proved that they have a residence in the county that issued it)

Regarding rights in other states, their laws apply, so if the gun owner does not have a GWL, they can't rely on permit reciprocity, and might not have any other rights in those states. For a carrier of a GWL, they'll be treated just like a citizen with a GWL in those other states.

Back
Top Bottom