• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gumbo. Why? Because it’s cold and wet outside.

Homemade veggie beef soup and beef stew are also better after a day or two in the fridge.
Made some split pea soup using a leftover honey-baked ham bone last week that was great.

I try to let as much as I can spent a night in the refrigerator....it's just better that way....right now I have a batch of collards, and a pot of vegetable beef soup in the box, coming together, so to speak
Yep those too. Your kitchen sounds like mine. The collards and turnips I’ve been growing have been really good this year. I’ve canned 14 quarts so far and will probably get 14-20 quarts more before the hard freeze. We love greens, cornbread, soups and stews in the winter.

For some reason it’s better today
It always is.
But what's up with the dry rice? ??? That should be swimming. :tsk:
He gone be real mad 'bout dem shrumps, mhhhmmmm.
Why? I love seafood gumbo, even if it's only shrimp (though, crab, shrimp and crawfish is the stuff). But you reminded me. I was at a Cajun festival in the Texas hill country a few weeks ago. It was centered around a gumbo cooking contest. Three classes. Amateur, professional, and culinary groups. That last one meant high school clubs. The contest is judged by popular vote from the attendees. Being the sucker I am I bought from all the kids. One was so anxious to get my opinion about their creation. They handed me a cup of something that looked vaguely like gumbo, but it had.... shredded carrots in it. WTH?!? :wacko: It tasted as bad as I feared.
I was not honest in my critique. I just couldn't....

Nothing wrong with shrimp in a gumbo, but you need more liquid and we always eat gumbo with potato salad and french bread.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom