• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun prices

Last December I bought a rifle from a member who dropped his price in a pm without me even asking or making a lower offer. Said he needed the money for his kids Christmas. When we met and I saw the condition of the rifle I gave him $75.00 extra. It was worth it. To me anyway. The look on his face was priceless.

I try to be fair, I do a google search to see what the average is and figure the condition of what I'm trying to sell, but someone will always try to low ball you or tell you they saw it on Gunbroker for less. I'm not trying to get rich but I'm not going to get poorer either, I happy with ODT, met some great people on here and slam dunked the ignore button on a few others but it's been a smooth ride so far :first:

Last December I bought a rifle from a member who dropped his price in a pm without me even asking or making a lower offer. Said he needed the money for his kids Christmas. When we met and I saw the condition of the rifle I gave him $75.00 extra. It was worth it. To me anyway. The look on his face was priceless.

PLEASE don't get me wrong here. I am by no means trying to blow my own horn, I just want to express that under certain circumstances I don't mind paying more.

I try to be fair, I do a google search to see what the average is and figure the condition of what I'm trying to sell, but someone will always try to low ball you or tell you they saw it on Gunbroker for less. I'm not trying to get rich but I'm not going to get poorer either, I happy with ODT, met some great people on here and slam dunked the ignore button on a few others but it's been a smooth ride so far :first:

I have met some great folks here on ODT. Every deal I have done has been a good experience. The price I paid was always fair, some even more than fair. I can't help but wonder if OP is maybe "judging a book by its cover" so to speak. Whatever price is listed on an item, there is usually room there for haggling. On the other hand, if he thinks odt is a trading / selling / sailing site where you buy guns and gun related stuff for little or nothing, he may be on the wrong site.

Everyone on here is way too high on their prices!!! Nearly every single firearm listed on here is within $25-$50 of what you can buy a brand New one for. Why is this? Are people not checking to see what their used guns are worth before listing them? I'm sure no one on here wants to pay $500 for a used pistol that you can buy new for $550. I've seen several listed for say $500 that you can buy new for $488. Come people, think about it! If your listing has been on here more than 2 weeks chances are you're way too high. I see the exact same listings day after day after day. Let's do our research before posting crazy prices.
It's the ONLY game in town worth playing, learn how to play it !

I have met some great folks here on ODT. Every deal I have done has been a good experience. The price I paid was always fair, some even more than fair. I can't help but wonder if OP is maybe "judging a book by its cover" so to speak. Whatever price is listed on an item, there is usually room there for haggling. On the other hand, if he thinks odt is a trading / selling / sailing site where you buy guns and gun related stuff for little or nothing, he may be on the wrong site.
I completely agree.Although ODT is about buying and selling,time only allows for so many deals in a day.It's more about enjoying the threads,learning about subjects you don't have experience in,commenting,having fun doing so and getting familiar with some of the characters you find on this awesome site. IMHO

Its a great forum , sometimes I buy , sometimes I sell and sometimes I rtade. Hell occasionally I give away something or win something.

As for prices , everything is negotiable sometimes more and sometimes less.

Happy Monday

Back
Top Bottom