• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Stores to stay away from

I totally agree with you about Franklin's. I disagree with your assessment of Sporting Arms. It is the ONLY place I will buy a new gun from!!

what happened at Sporting Arms? I usually only hear good things.

Jerry is a douche and FULL of himself. Prices are not any better than any other gun stores.
Extremely limited selection of accessories and supplies.

He does have a great ammo selection however...

Moss Pawn in Jonesboro.Their prices are too high....All the guys at Range and guns are D'''Bags,,,and the people that shoot there are dangerous.

Jerry is a douche and FULL of himself. Prices are not any better than any other gun stores.
Extremely limited selection of accessories and supplies.

He does have a great ammo selection however...

Ive got to know Jerry over the years he might seem that way at first but he is a nice guy bought a lot of guns from him most of them i only paid 15 bucks over his price he showed me the invoices and if you pay with cash the deals get better but that's my experience with him. Totally agree with you on Franklins tho.

I personally stay away from fraziers in cartersville. I guess the "tactical" part behind their name make them feel like they are better than other people. I also have had bad experiences in franklins. As far as ammo, if you're in cartersville the sportsman liquidators have good prices and are very friendly..

Dawsonvile gun and pawn there old store was way way better to deal with. The new store all there prices went up on everything even their sister stores for them same product is cheaper 99.999% of the time. I contribute this to the owner having to make two payments one on a lease for the old building no longer in use and a payment on the new place. Before the move I looked at a couple of handguns after the move i saw the same two I looked at with about thirty bucks added to each of them wtf? Plus they got rid of almost all reloading supplies.

Hey Paul if your reading this don't get mad. Just do something I know.several people that feel this way

My all time favorite gun store would be Forest Park Army Navy.......Skip the owner is the best, prices are always good and he normally keeps a good selection. I have spent way to much money in this place and will continue.

Worst (for me) would have to be the AR Bunker in Newnan. Prices are just not competitive.

Yep Forrest Park is the best and across the street has good stuff too. As for AO never order on line from them if it's not in your hand at the store it doesn't exist. Ed's public safety is a fun place to shop and for first time buyers the guys at Stoddards are good at helping them out in a non judgemental manner with their best interests in mind .

Last edited:
Moss Pawn in Jonesboro.Their prices are too high....All the guys at Range and guns are D'''Bags,,,and the people that shoot there are dangerous.

+1 on both. Moss' prices are freakin stupid, and anybody who's been to either location for Range and Guns knows they only hire a special kind of asshole; one that can be seen from miles away. Freakin hate that ****hole Range and Guns.

That is exactly why I hate Range Guns and Safes. They gave me this big ***holish spill on safety and then would not do anything to stop the extremely unsafe practices going on around me,

Back
Top Bottom