• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gunblast review of the Ruger 1911 in 10mm

Had a Glock 20 & didn't have enough weight but I couldn't carry a 1911 all day. I've got a serious case of gone butt & it would be on the floor with my pants. Love Ruger though. Would love to get back into 10mm but haven't found one that works yet... Would love to try a Sig 220 in 10mm.

The Ruger is hard to argue with at under $800 retail. I do like the Glock but it seemed crazy to keep a caliber for just one pistol.

I'd been thinking about adding a Delta Elite, but the old ones had problems with frame cracking and I have some real doubts about Colts post-bankruptcy quality on the new models... Plus those are well over $1000 retail no matter where you look. The Ruger was a no-brainer for me...

Got it to the range tonight and man, is it a smooth shooting gun. I was using GA Arms 10mm FMJ, which isn't that hot but was noticeable in the G20. In the Ruger it felt like shooting 40 or 45.

I had a box of CorBon HP defensive rounds with me as well, which were fairly stout. Still easy to shoot though and still pretty comfortable, if a little loud. .

It does seem like it will need a little break in though. I had a couple of failures to feed where I had to bump the slide forward. Probably just need to get some wear on the rails but it always kind of surprises me when a Ruger doesn't perform 100% right out of the box.

I'm stuck on 10mm just can't pull myself to buy a 40 or 45. I got spoiled with my Dan Wesson patriot.
I've tossed around getting a glock but have been undecided on which version. This is a really tempting add as I really want a few more 10's. Hopefully price won't increase over next 8 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything I'm guessing you'll find it at a discount as it becomes more available,kind of like the 9mm version did.

Got it to the range tonight and man, is it a smooth shooting gun. I was using GA Arms 10mm FMJ, which isn't that hot but was noticeable in the G20. In the Ruger it felt like shooting 40 or 45.

I had a box of CorBon HP defensive rounds with me as well, which were fairly stout. Still easy to shoot though and still pretty comfortable, if a little loud. .

It does seem like it will need a little break in though. I had a couple of failures to feed where I had to bump the slide forward. Probably just need to get some wear on the rails but it always kind of surprises me when a Ruger doesn't perform 100% right out of the box.

My Ruger 1911 45 needed a couple slide bumps on the first couple mags too.

But after that it was off to the races :)

Thanks for giving us a lil review .

Back
Top Bottom