• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gwinnett Weapons License - Temporary License during Wait Time?

Koko4

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
4   0
Reaction score
I applied for my weapons license in Gwinnett on 1/6/13 and haven't received it yet. I know there is probably a big influx in the number of people registering, so I'm not too surprised that it would take this long. I wanted to know if they were supposed to issue me some type of temporary carry license during this wait period. When I did the $10 fingerprinting, they gave me a small paper receipt, which has a line that specifically says it is NOT a temporary permit. I am confused, because I didn't receive anything else that could indicate a temporary permit, although I did read that some members here receive a temporary permit, and that it's required to issue one? Thanks for any info, guys.

My wait time was about a month, probably applied over a year ago. I will be taking the wife to get hers soon, well see. I have not heard of any "temp permit" as they have not been able to verify anything? Just carry the constitution around with you :)

You can get a temporary or provisional IF you are a current GWL holder whos license is going to expire within 30 days. Noobs must wait and right now they are running behind.

Back
Top Bottom