GWL (Georgia Weapon's License) FULTON COUNTY

St1g

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So I haven't seen the steps to actually obtaining a GWL in Fulton County so here it is straight from the probate court, enjoy:

Weapons Carry License

Quick Tips for Weapons Carry License Applications (Gun Permits)
NOTICE! NOTICE! NOTICE!
GCIC FINGERPRINTING FEE INCREASE - EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2013
When applying for a Weapons Carry License you will be required to visit two (2) separate locations. This is a three (3) step process.
STEP 1: Visit the Fulton County Probate Court (locations listed below) to file your application for a Weapons Carry Licence. An application fee is required (see below). You will receive a Law Enforcement Affidavit from the Court which is required by the Police Department in order to make your fingerprints.
STEP 2: Take the Law Enforcement Affidavit with you to the Police Department listed below the Court locations, to have your fingerprints made. Each Police Department has a different fee for this service (see below).
STEP 3: Visit our Downtown location to pick up your license. Applicants who provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope will be notified by mail when the license is ready for pickup.
Please note: all applicants will be required to appear downtown to sign for their licenses when they are approved and ready for pickup.
Who: You must be domiciled (primary residence) in Fulton County.
What to Bring: Applicants must furnish proof of Fulton County residence such as a valid Georgia Driver's License, Georgia State ID Card or Voter Registration Card with current Fulton County address. We now accept Post office boxes as an address on a driver's license provided that the county shown is Fulton. Non-US citizens must furnish a Resident Alien ID card of other proof of lawful admission as a permanent resident in the USA.
Fees:

• $30.00 cash (Application Fee to the Fulton County Probate Court at the time of application)
  • $49.25 money order. If you are being fingerprinted by the Fulton County Police Department. Other police departments have difference charges. See below.
  • Applicants must hand-carry the fingerprinting fee to the Police Department at the time of fingerprinting.
When & Where:
DOWNTOWN LOCATION:
Fulton County Probate Court; 136 Pryor Street, Suite C-230, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, (404) 612-4692 or (404) 613-4583
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Fingerprinting:
Fulton County Police Department
130 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
***************************​
NORTH SERVICE CENTER:
7741 Roswell Road, Suite 225, Sandy Springs, Georgia 30350 (404) 613-7638
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Fingerprinting:
Alpharetta Police Department
2565 Old Milton Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 (678) 297-6300
$45.00 fingerprinting fee. Accepts cash, local checks, debit cards, credit cards and money orders as payment.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm; Closed on Wednesdays - No fingerprinting
Sandy Springs Police Department
7840 Roswell Road, Building 301, Sandy Springs, Georgia 30350 (770) 551-6900
$50.00 fingerprinting fee. Accepts cash, debit cards and most credit cards (no money orders or checks)
Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
*******************************​
SOUTH SERVICE CENTER:
5600 Stonewall Tell Road, Suite 218, College Park, Georgia 30349 (404) 612-3048
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Fingerprinting:
Fulton County Police Department
5615 Old National Highway, College Park, Georgia 30349
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 2:00 pm

Visit GeorgiaCarry.org and Fulton County Probate Court for more information.

Enjoy.

Yup.... Been there done that but I have to say that the folks at the sandy springs annex and sandy springs police department bent over backwards to make it as pleasant and painless as they could.

Yup.... Been there done that but I have to say that the folks at the sandy springs annex and sandy springs police department bent over backwards to make it as pleasant and painless as they could.

I actually live in north Fulton, so thanks for the heads up, that puts me a bit at ease.

as for the rest, I would move out of the perimeter but it would be hell getting to work, not that it's not hell now considering traffic, it would just be a bigger hell :doh:

Back
Top Bottom