Harley riders beware of killer creek

snatch3838

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Vehicle / Equipment Dealer
130   1
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I was riding my bike to work when I dot a flat. I had my bike towed to killer Creek , big mistake. Change tire what was needed I also asked to check rear wheel alignment. I list my tape measure so I did not think it was perfect.

I received a phone call I apparently needed brake pads along with other light maintence. I do my own maintence but not tire due to the trouble just not worth it to me. This was the first sign of dishonesty I Ijus changed the pads a few months ago.

My bike was returned inoperable! The rear wheel was extremely loose. So much so that the castle nut that hold on the axel was almost off and the belt was three inches loose.

The front wheel was flexing under suspension compression. I was told that it was not stock and to work on it would be like doing a custom bike. Funny after a year of hard riding not one problem.

After talking to the service manager he said he would bring it back in to make things right. He called me and said we think it is missing an internal spacer not an external spacer like i thought.

They never made good on the promise to fix it. After a 80 tow bill and a 250 tire and labor my bike can't be riden

Harley riders. :laugh:

:bolt:

Treading on dangerous ground there, bro. I did stop by Killer Creek on my 2008 Gold Wing to buy a half helmet in pearl white to match my bike. Sales lady was very nice.

You could hear everyone's head snap in my direction to listen to the quiet when I cranked up. :whistle:

Two weeks ago I was riding my bike to work when I dot a flat. I had my bike towed to killer Creek , big mistake. Change tire what was needed I also asked to check rear wheel alignment. I list my tape measure so I did not think it was perfect.

I received a phone call I apparently needed brake pads along with other light maintence. I do my own maintence but not tire due to the trouble just not worth it to me. This was the first sign of dishonesty I Ijus changed the pads a few months ago.

My bike was returned inoperable! The rear wheel was extremely loose. So much so that the castle nut that hold on the axel was almost off and the belt was three inches loose.

The front wheel was flexing under suspension compression. I was told that it was not stock and to work on it would be like doing a custom bike. Funny after a year of hard riding not one problem.

After talking to the service manager he said he would bring it back in to make things right. He called me and said we think it is missing an internal spacer not an external spacer like i thought.

They never made good on the promise to fix it. After a 80 tow bill and a 250 tire and labor my bike can't be riden

Stopped by WOW Motorcycles after I bought my 1985 Gold Wing for new tires and a tune up. They said they did everything. After I picked it up, it still felt like it was running rough. I found a mechanic on CL who worked old Gold Wings. Left it with him for a day or two. Went back to pick it up and he showed me the cracked plug that had seized up in the threads. He spent hours getting it out and any remains that fell into the cylinder. Turns out WOW had changed three of the plugs, but left the seized one in.

Never went back. My new Gold Wing mechanic only charged me what he quoted for the standard tune-up and his rates are half that of WOW's. Happily he works on newer Gold Wings (unless it's a computer problem).

Back
Top Bottom