• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you ever backed out of a sale after meeting with a buyer?

Yep. Buyer was told he needed a GA DL for sale. When he arrived (up near Dalton) with his girlfriend he said he forgot it and I could sell it to his girlfriend as she had hers. I thanked him for his interest and advised I would NOT sell it to his girlfriend for him, that was not kosher in my book. His car had TN plates on it!!!

Once upon a time I agreed to sell a hacksaw to palmettomoon palmettomoon

I met him as we agreed in a PM. But he looked sketchy, was driving an old beat up Pinto, and his fly was unbuttoned.

Something didn’t seem right, so I kept my hacksaw.

You were just mad I wouldn't pay $10 for it and when I showed you the NAPA ad for one @ $5.99 you called me a lowballer! You COULD NOT SEE my balls or how low they hang through my open fly!

Yes, NAPA makes a very fine hacksaw.
But mine is rare, has patina, and the handle has an outstanding stippling job.

So yes, I exclaimed that you were indeed a “lowballer.”
But then you retorted back: “Hey buddy, I’m from Macon. I’ve been called much worse.”

Yes, NAPA makes a very fine hacksaw.
But mine is rare, has patina, and the handle has an outstanding stippling job.

So yes, I exclaimed that you were indeed a “lowballer.”
But then you retorted back: “Hey buddy, I’m from Macon. I’ve been called much worse.”

Finally, a man that knows the true value of his posessions.

I hope it went back in the safe.

I had a buyer back out of a deal at the meet. I was selling a stainless steel S&W 38spl.
It had a bunch of very light scratches on it and my camera at the time (probably 7 years ago) didn't really show them.

He was thinking the gun was mint condition, and upon inspection decided it wasn't something he wanted for his collection.

Neither of us drove very far so no big deal, had a nice conversation, shook hands and left with no butts hurt. It happens.

Once upon a time I agreed to sell a hacksaw to palmettomoon palmettomoon

I met him as we agreed in a PM. But he looked sketchy, was driving an old beat up Pinto, and his fly was unbuttoned.

Something didn’t seem right, so I kept my hacksaw.
When one door closes, and all that…

I sold palmettomoon palmettomoon my Kobalt hacksaw. He showed up to the meet an hour and 45 minutes late with cotton candy stuck to his chin, smelling like liquor and sporting faux angel wings. He was driving a Pacer with bull horns on the front.
He jumps out and gives me this big hug and apologizes profusely for being late, drunk and more than a little handsy.
Regardless, after he showed me his journeyman’s card, I took his $7.46 in assorted change and he took my broken old hacksaw.
When we shook hands and turned to leave, he asked if I’ve ever been to Vegas. I said “no”. 4 days later, we returned home with a pretty respectable rap sheet.
I’ve seen him once since then. He acts like he don’t know me.

after sending this guy additional photo's, and going over the condition of the gun via ODT messaging....he said..."I'll take it" he came down from way up, close to Jasper....met in Woodstock....took 15 minuets to look it over, then try's to lowball....AFTER ALL THE PHOTO'S....I took the gun, put it in it's case, put the case in my car, and drove away, without saying another word....what a waste of time....more so for him

Back
Top Bottom