• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you ever backed out of a sale after meeting with a buyer?

Never backed out of a deal but made one with a guy agreed on price and meet up then he said “if I dont sell it by then” I sternly reminded him we had a deal and I had cash and if I came to the meet I expected him to be there - he was and everyone happy

another time negotiated a deal and was about to leave home to go buy the gun he said he sold it to someone else for more money - that pissed me off

once was looking to at a pistol and whenI asked a couple questions about the gun the guy got all smart ass like a high school prick so I said just keep it

other than that, good people and I never feel bad about anything I didn’t get

Yep. Buyer was told he needed a GA DL for sale. When he arrived (up near Dalton) with his girlfriend he said he forgot it and I could sell it to his girlfriend as she had hers. I thanked him for his interest and advised I would NOT sell it to his girlfriend for him, that was not kosher in my book. His car had TN plates on it!!!
Yep, the ole bait and switch.....

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That's a riot right there.................................🤣

Yes, NAPA makes a very fine hacksaw.
But mine is rare, has patina, and the handle has an outstanding stippling job.

So yes, I exclaimed that you were indeed a “lowballer.”
But then you retorted back: “Hey buddy, I’m from Macon. I’ve been called much worse.”
Pics or it didn't happen........................🤣

When one door closes, and all that…

I sold @palmettomoon my Kobalt hacksaw. He showed up to the meet an hour and 45 minutes late with cotton candy stuck to his chin, smelling like liquor and sporting faux angel wings. He was driving a Pacer with bull horns on the front.
He jumps out and gives me this big hug and apologizes profusely for being late, drunk and more than a little handsy.
Regardless, after he showed me his journeyman’s card, I took his $7.46 in assorted change and he took my broken old hacksaw.
When we shook hands and turned to leave, he asked if I’ve ever been to Vegas. I said “no”. 4 days later, we returned home with a pretty respectable rap sheet.
I’ve seen him once since then. He acts like he don’t know me.
I'd love to see the look on our women's faces if they read these post. They'd have us committed.....🤣

Back
Top Bottom