HB 981 OMNIBUS firearm bill

With all the past anti-gun anti-2nd Amendment legislation is rather refreshing to see the continued pro-gun rights legislation push. GCO has been a stanch advocate and put their money where their mouth has been.

Also notice this decriminalizes church carry.

And government building carry, but it seems to specifically exclude courthouses. There's some interesting stuff in the language about renewals and fingerprints, too, although my ability to read boilerplate is limited at this hour. Does anyone else agree that it seems to imply fingerprints are only for initial license applications?

And government building carry, but it seems to specifically exclude courthouses. There's some interesting stuff in the language about renewals and fingerprints, too, although my ability to read boilerplate is limited at this hour. Does anyone else agree that it seems to imply fingerprints are only for initial license applications?

Yes, and it looks like it moves the fingerprinting to the probate court as well. No more making an appointment for 4 weeks down the road for the folks in dekalb.

I just hope they will do something about the South Carolina non-carry ;[

But I do support Gacarry an have been a member for years !

an this thread gives me an idea .... stay tuned for details ;o)

Good bill. I've already written my State Senator and Representative to ask for their support.

It's not everything we have been looking for, but it is another step forward for sure.

• Authorize concealed weapons to be carried in government buildings
• In schools
• In polling places
• Bars
• Churches and other venues
• Prevent members of the police, government agencies or National Guard from disarming citizens during states of emergency and gives residents a right to sue if that occurred.
• Require weapons seized by law enforcement to be sold at auction to dealers, collectors and firearms manufacturers.
• Legalize hunting with silencers.

There will be no CARRYING in SC until AFTER WALMART puts AUTOMATED MONEYORDER MACHINES IN the check cashing centers 1st.
I just hope they will do something about the South Carolina non-carry ;[But I do support Gacarry an have been a member for years !an this thread gives me an idea .... stay tuned for details ;o)

Back
Top Bottom