• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

He deserved more...

lesgobrandon

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
13   0
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir on this, but this man (Kennet) deserved more than taking 22 minutes of torture to die (nitrogen). He didn't spare the woman whom he participated in the stabbing and beating of... where was her peace. It was a suitable end for the ass hat.

Some of the articles now, calling it barbaric... that was a light way of send off. He deserved so much more, a longer good bye.

I concur with almost everything you’re saying.

But remember this:
His punishment on this Earth pales in comparison to the absolute hell he will endure for eternity.

That makes me sleep a little better at night and helps me to ditch the feelings of vengeance.
That’s deep

Public...
This! We've become a society without consequences. Good or bad.
Hard working people are simply beaten down and taxed into oblivion.....no real incentive there to excel.
Criminals are simply slapped on the wrist and turned back out to prey on people again.........no real incentive there to be a normal, non-criminal member of society.
The system itself is broken, and until there's incentives and consequences for one's actions and performance...........there'll be no change in society.
Public hangings, swift and accurate trials for criminals, and more fear of their victims shooting them in the face (twice) would help with making some thug think twice about committing crimes.
There's nothing barbaric or inhumane about the execution of a murderer, rapist, or molester of children. It does strike me as inhumane to allow the victims and families of victims to go without closure and justice for years, or decades.
All that said, vengeance is not ours, and nothing above is about vengeance. It is simply the truth about having a society without consequences and the "kid gloves" treatment of violent criminals.

Let's remember how we got here. If the aim really is to conduct an execution with the minimum amount of distress in the minimum amount of time, there are many options that are available except that legislators have this habit of barring their use, usually in an attempt to undermine the justice system's ability to execute at all.

Anyone who has been given general anesthesia should be able to attest that with a competent practitioner, you're out within 10 seconds. You're in no position to react, let alone resist any subsequent medical action after that. Why don't we do it that way anymore?

Don't blame anyone other than the legislators who want to make capital punishment impossible.

Edit: Furthermore, if you were a legislator who wanted to convince the public that capital punishment is a terrible process that should be abolished, forcing the justice system to use inefficient methods, and then encouraging mass media to turn the whole process into a gorefest is just the way to ensure that the people who wouldn't normally come in as pro- or con- will take a side.

Nobody likes to believe that their culture is "barbaric", and forcing state judiciaries to use barbaric methods guarantees greater support for abolition of the death penalty.

This ^^^

"the aim really is to conduct an execution with the minimum amount of distress in the minimum amount of time"
is the problem...
It's supposed to be punishment. Punish with impunity.

I don't really disagree personally with that, but it simply creates a huge amount of public attention when people imagine some guy who's been locked up for 15 years following multiple appeals, ends up flopping around on a gurney like a gaffed pike for 20 minutes. It's even worse when there's video and/or a minute-by-minute analysis on Twitter/X.

It gives them a lot of time to reflect on how they'd feel if they fell foul of the law. It has a certain power to dissuade them from committing those crimes, but increases their interest in making the death penalty a thing of the past.

If the purpose of execution is to maximize the suffering the prisoner experiences, then maybe we should be finding better ways to make an execution last days or weeks.

You have people that will kill each other over road rage, and mfers like this one ( ch-mos too) live a long life taken care of by our taxes. They should of just butchered him, like he did to his victim. With all the technology we have now, you have ways to prove beyond reasonable doubts that people are guilty of violent crimes…… this sickens me!

Back
Top Bottom