• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heckler and Koch on the verge of going out of Business

BMC73

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
7   0
Reaction score
https://www.militarytimes.com/off-d..._g1VaTuPJOfCqO7iLMaS3JIwlQDml2wI8S35dNhdYoI-M

For decades, German arms giant Heckler & Koch has served as the gold standard for military and civilian weapons manufacturing — building revolutionary and oftentimes game-changing rifles, machine guns, grenade launchers, submachine guns and pistols for a variety of customers including special operations forces, conventional infantry units and law enforcement agencies.

After a lackluster 2018, reports indicate that H&K is now struggling to keep its head above water, with the hopes that boosting sales in FY2019 buys the company at least another year to come out of the red and fix the situation it’s in.

The Tactical Wire recently reported that German business journals have already predicted the end for what was once one of the most powerful arms manufacturers in the world.

In fact, the situation is so bad that, as The Firearm Blog reported just last month, H&K employees jointly voted to increase weekly work hours without paid overtime, as well as nixed a one-off payment of 400 Euros per head for the month of July, so as to provide their beleaguered company some form of relief.

The Company announced last year that it would NOT sell to any countries in War Zones including Israel. Right, that makes a lot of sense for an arms manufacturer. It looks like the leftists have taken over with predictable results. Here is a quote from the publication Bearing Arms: "The reality that H&K would do well to accept is that American gun owners, as a general rule, stand with Israel. If they want to eat deeper into a market dominated by companies like Smith & Wesson and Glock, it’s probably not a good idea to alienate that market by refusing to sell guns to a country that has that market’s support."

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/...-no-longer-sell-weapons-country-among-others/

I really hate to see this happen, although i have never owned a HK . I have shot them and handled them, they seem to be a well made firearm.

I just hate to see any gun based biz go under. Even if they aren’t American based.
It is kind of like car companies to me, being a mechanic for 40+yrs... i hate to see any of them go under, no matter how crappy/good they are. Lol.

Seems like they are missing the boat.

I love my VP9 and they seem to have done very well with those. They should also take a page from FN's book and start shipping a lot more civilian versions of their military guns. They would make a killing.

Back
Top Bottom