• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help getting snake out of the garage

Got the loose stuff out. Saw his tail under a cabinet & went to grab it & drag him out enough to get some rat shot on his head but he did a 180 & I let him go....maybe I'm a wuss. I'll start again in the early AM when it's coolest.

I have taken a pole (think broom handle, or longer), put an eye hook in the end. Then tied a cord (like paracord) to the eyehook and made a loop that went through the eyehook and back down the pole.

Slip the loop over the snake and pull the cord tight. If you keep it tight, you got him, no matter where on the body you have him snared.

I have had snakes (plural) IN my house and this is how I caught them.

Venomous snakes are everywhere, you've probably had them in your garage for years and just not known it. Had one hitch a ride in sons sleeping bag from a camping trip. Was coming up the stairs when my wife saw it. Never did find it. They even get under sinks, beds and such. They really like to crawl up in shoes. Heck 75% of the people reading this likely have them in their garage or house. Goodnight everybody.

Venomous snakes are everywhere, you've probably had them in your garage for years and just not known it. Had one hitch a ride in sons sleeping bag from a camping trip. Was coming up the stairs when my wife saw it. Never did find it. They even get under sinks, beds and such. They really like to crawl up in shoes. Heck 75% of the people reading this likely have them in their garage or house. Goodnight everybody.
I hate you! Now I'm going to have to burn this mfer down! My lawn guys pointed out to me a 4.5' snake shedding last year on the brick ledge under my deck. He showed me the new one last week in the yard. Not sure what kind it is but I hope it's a good one! We had a rattle snake in our driveway when we first moved in but I haven't seen a snake since. I know they're here but don't want to find out where they are. I have a lot of wildlife here my house backs up to to the Etowah.

Back
Top Bottom