• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help getting snake out of the garage

It looks like a brown water snake to me. Non-venomous.
Check out this link and see the first snake on the list.

http://www.stewart.army.mil/info/?id=524&p=2

It certainly not a copperhead.
Copperheads have Hershey Kiss shaped patches that touch or almost touch each other tip to tip . It's also referred to as an hourglass pattern.

Have used sevin dust, they do not like that stuff at all... Just do not get in front of them if you find it as it will be traveling at a high rate of exiting speed so be careful...

Good luck with getting rid your new found unwanted friend...

IMG_5469.PNG
It looks similar to this one, too.

The gray rat snake.

I think this is the kind I caught at my campsite in the woods a couple years ago.

I picked it up. It didn't mind. I even let go of its head and allowed it to climb up my arm and put its head on my shoulder. I turned it loose in the woods about 25 yards away from camp.

P.S. Not my pic; this photo is from a Georgia snake ID site.

View attachment 1170573 It looks similar to this one, too.

The gray rat snake.

I think this is the kind I caught at my campsite in the woods a couple years ago.

I picked it up. It didn't mind. I even let go of its head and allowed it to climb up my arm and put its head on my shoulder. I turned it loose in the woods about 25 yards away from camp.

P.S. Not my pic; this photo is from a Georgia snake ID site.

Colorations vary greatly on snakes, esp in Ga. I have gray rat snakes near my barn that are almost black, but have a pattern that can only be seen under good lighting.

Copperheads vary from very light to quite dark overall, with the pattern also varying in size from one individual to another. This I have personally seen here in Ga.

Back
Top Bottom